Talk

Advanced search

Need a great night cream - any suggestions?

(13 Posts)
Alsoflamingo Tue 11-Nov-14 10:45:46

Just that, really. Mid-40s. Decent skin, but want to keep it as fresh as poss. So many recommendations out there - just wondered if anyone had any strong views. Don't want to pay silly money, but happy to go higher than Olay offerings etc.

mowglik Tue 11-Nov-14 10:58:09

my staples and recs after trying lots of different different creams:
lacura night cream £
cera di cupra ££
guerlain midnight secret £££
revive moisturising renewal cream £££

CinnamonBuns Tue 11-Nov-14 11:31:14

I use Neals Yard avocado and vit E

Alsoflamingo Tue 11-Nov-14 13:29:35

Haven't heard Lacura or Cera di Cupra so will investigate. Many thanks for ideas. Easy to get stuck in a rut and I think probably good for skin to change products from time to time anyway.

itsnothingoriginal Tue 11-Nov-14 14:14:40

The Lidl anti - wrinkle Q10 at £1.99 a pot is seriously the best night cream I've used!! Non greasy and not over perfumed like so many of them are. Will never spend ££ on night cream again..

minibmw2010 Tue 11-Nov-14 16:01:03

Lacura is Aldi I think, it's a good range. I use L'Oreal Age Perfect (gold packaging), it's for 'mature skin' but I'm only 41 and use it and it does a brilliant job.

thoughtsbecomethings Tue 11-Nov-14 17:15:44

Origins night a mins.. I think that's what it's called. It's in a brown tub. The best I've ever tried.

mowglik Tue 11-Nov-14 17:20:31

Yeah Lacura is the aldi q10 cream range, dirt cheap for a great moisturiser. Cera di cupra is an Italian cream an 80something lady in tesco who looked around 60 recommended it to me and I've had great comments on hoe fresh my skin looks since using it!
Alongside either of these I'd recommend an exfoliating treatment which the revive cream is for me but its £££ so I get samples off eBay for a quarter of the price..look up other glycolic acid treatments

mooth Tue 11-Nov-14 19:02:14

I'm finding the Olay creams, the cheaper products in the range are very good. I am your age.

redredread Tue 11-Nov-14 19:31:25

I like waitrose's baby bottom butter. It's about £2.50 a pot, and absorbs really well overnight.

redredread Tue 11-Nov-14 19:31:49

Ps I'm 40

noddyholder Tue 11-Nov-14 19:35:01

I have been using the aldi soy serum at night and its fantastic and about £4

Alsoflamingo Tue 11-Nov-14 20:09:57

God all this Aldi bargain priced stuff sounds great. No Aldi near me, but am going to seek one out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now