Talk

Advanced search

(Attractive) Yoga bottoms for 'chunky' legs?

(7 Posts)
punchkins Tue 11-Nov-14 09:02:27

After three years of no exercise my twins are at nursery and I'm getting a chance to get to yoga which I'm loving but I desperately need some new clothes. It's ashtanga so lots of movement and I'm working up a sweat and the loose trackie bottoms are not cutting it. I know I shouldn't care what I look like but the gap fit leggings I tried on looked truly horrendous on my lumpy size 16 thighs and I need something that is a closer cut to my legs so I think leggings are a must?. Any suggestions? I've looked at sweaty Betty but, if possible, would prefer not to spend £65+ per pair.

KatyS36 Tue 11-Nov-14 10:21:36

I have similar thighssmile
I really rate patagonia leggings for gym wear. I have often got an offer online.
Not cheap, but I feel mega confidence wearing them.

punchkins Tue 11-Nov-14 16:47:06

I'll check them out. I went to tk maxx today one recommendation but struck out, was really hoping to find the perfect yoga pants for next to nothing ��

jimmybim Tue 11-Nov-14 17:19:45

Not quite £65 a pair but I would recommend these from Sweaty Betty. They are made from great material, wash well and most importantly come in difference lengths for those of us who are vertically challenged.

FibonacciSeries Tue 11-Nov-14 18:02:07

Nike make some really good capris. I've had mine through ten years of daily practice! (ok I retired them last month, but still)

Yonkersdoodle Tue 11-Nov-14 19:27:15

Tu at Sainsburys do a surprisingly flattering pair of high-waisted black 7/8 leggings - they really hold you in but the waistband is grey/white, and the bands somehow make your waist look smaller. They're about £12 and I've got three pairs.

punchkins Tue 11-Nov-14 21:31:56

Jimmybim they look good and I am most definitely vertically challenged. Do you find they're loose at the bottom and fall down the leg?

Yonkers, £12 sounds fab. Are they opaque? Don't want anyone to have to see my white bits wiggling.

Fibonacci, I'm checking out Nike...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now