Talk

Advanced search

Help with a christmas party dress for new thinner me!

(17 Posts)
Whatevertheweather Mon 10-Nov-14 19:50:12

Am in the process of losing weight - started at the beginning of summer as a size 22 now 5 stone down I'm a 14 bordering on a 12 😊 my head is struggling to catch up so would appreciate some links to fabulous party dresses. This is me:

5ft 6 - dark blonde hair, v pale skin
36G boobs - damn cup size won't shrink but started at a 42G so can't complain!
34inch waist 45inch hips so hourglassy type figure
Arms are still flabby at the top so would prefer some form of sleeve?
Prefer on the knee or below - it's a dinner and drinks in a restaurant then poss onto somewhere for dancing so not over formal
Oh and I'm 33

Help! What should I be wearing?!

StampyShortnose Mon 10-Nov-14 19:59:47

Congratulations on your weight loss!

do you have a store near you that offers a free personal shopper session? did one at Debenham when I lost weight and it was v helpful. no pressure to buy anything either!

CluelessNewbie1 Mon 10-Nov-14 19:59:57

What about this. I'm a size 14 and I like the way it fits me. The back has a pretty detail.

Whatevertheweather Mon 10-Nov-14 20:15:19

Oooh I like that newbie where is it from?

That's a good idea stampy there's a big John Lewis near me that might do something similar - it's another case of needing my head to catch up, before it would have been my idea of hell the thought of someone judging what I look like now it does appeal!

FannyBlott Mon 10-Nov-14 20:17:05

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00EOT4CYS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1415650348&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

I recently bought the sleeveless version of this. It's cheap and the quality of the stitching isn't that great but is ok. It looks amazing on though! I'm a size 6-8 with big boobs, it makes them look great! It's a really flattering dress.

CluelessNewbie1 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:26:54

Its from next whatever

Whatevertheweather Mon 10-Nov-14 21:05:40

Thanks Newbie - going to order it in berry to try!

WipsGlitter Mon 10-Nov-14 21:10:16

Well done!

CluelessNewbie1 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:19:21

I've got it in berry. Its purply red. I feel really confident in it. Hope you like it and well done on the weight loss.

Whatevertheweather Tue 11-Nov-14 15:37:31

Have ordered it smile any other suggestions gratefully received!

marymcb Tue 11-Nov-14 15:55:17

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I second, or is it third, having a session with a personal shopper to get you into thin girl mode for clothes. As well as Debenhams, John Lewis and House of Fraser, I'm pretty sure the bigger Top Shops do it too.

Alternatively, if there is a good local independent clothes shop near you go in and chat to them and hopefully they can help you.

HumphreyCobbler Tue 11-Nov-14 15:56:48

your cup size HAS shrunk! A 36G cup is much smaller than a 46G cup.

Whatevertheweather Tue 11-Nov-14 18:05:34

Has it humphrey??! Totally clueless! They do look 'neater' but not much smaller!

trikken Tue 11-Nov-14 18:10:39

In my experience the boobs are one of the last to change completely.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Tue 11-Nov-14 18:15:01

Get John Lewis to advise on bra sizes as well while you're there - or get to Bravissimo. Well fitting bras will transform you even more.

Whatevertheweather Tue 11-Nov-14 18:38:55

I measured myself under boob and am 35 so got a 36. Tried an F cup but had dreaded double boob but G does seem too big. Measured myself the bra intervention way and according to that I'm a 36HH!!

HumphreyCobbler Tue 11-Nov-14 22:06:38

the cup size shrinks or expands with the back size.

I would give the HH a try, it is amazing what a well fitting bra does for your shape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now