Talk

Advanced search

Practical cotton skirts

(8 Posts)
TerrariaMum Mon 10-Nov-14 18:13:53

Is there anyone who makes practical, below knee length cotton skirts? I hate wearing trousers and my skirts are wearing out. I need skirts that allow a good freedom of movement as I have 3 under 5 and they take lots of chasing.

ZaraW Mon 10-Nov-14 18:34:21

I have a couple of cotton skirts from Get Cutie their material is a bit quirky though. I chose the Eiffel Tower prints in red and black and wore them a lot last winter. Don't think they do that design anymore but if you want something well made and a bit different they have a good choice.

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Nov-14 18:38:02

Toast
Seasalt
Boden
Mantaray at Debenhams
Mistral

Tend to be cord or moleskin in winter, but usually do some chino-ey type skirts in the summer that can wear into the winter.

TerrariaMum Mon 10-Nov-14 19:01:11

Thanks everyone. That's really helpful. It doesn't have to be cotton, really I'm looking for anything that can survive a cotton 40 wash.

Ujjayi Mon 10-Nov-14 19:04:14

A basic a-line skirt is very easy & quick to make and there are plenty of online stores for decent cotton fabric (although if you are a fan of quirky prints then John Lewis have a great selection of cottons). How handy are you with a sewing machine?

rollonthesummer Mon 10-Nov-14 19:04:16

Fat Face or White Stuff?

herecomesthsun Mon 10-Nov-14 19:04:28

Boden sale, but I wash most of our stuff delicate wash. They are quite keen on on having a sneaky "dry flat/ store flat" on the label.

TerrariaMum Tue 11-Nov-14 10:00:22

Ujjayi, no good with sewing machine yet.
Thanks everyone. I really like seasalt, didn't know about them. I think I have a place to start now, you've all helped immensely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now