Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Low rise jeans/trousers! Help me please!

(14 Posts)
IPreferCats Mon 10-Nov-14 12:47:23

Please help me find low rise jeans or trousers. I am 5'6" and a size 8 with little bum to speak of. Mid rise sit too high on me, and make me too self conscious of my tummy (the mess left over after a twin pregnancy). Because of my little bum I also need little material in that area otherwise they just sag (I know - I shouldn't really complain).

I only feel comfortable in low rise, but I find them almost impossible to find. Budget not an issue.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

burnishedsilver Mon 10-Nov-14 12:54:11

Seven jeans are always too low rise for me so they might be worth a look for you. Mango jeans are also very low.

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 10-Nov-14 13:17:31

I love low slung jeans and find them the most flattering for my shape - 8/10 with wide hips and flat stomach.

My faves are Diesel - Skinzee Low for superskinnies and Grupee are my ultimate skinny jean (not very skinny, a cross between straight and skinny really) Both are available in loads of washes on the Diesel website, there are other low slung styles too probably worth a look WAIST&sortRule=Ranking&agerange=Adult&page=1&productsPerPage=10¯oMarchio=125 here filtered by low waist

TK Maxx sometimes have Diesel jeans in store or online so worth a look there - I got some past season distressed Grupees for £30, original price was £225 shock

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 10-Nov-14 13:20:25

I want to try Lowky too.

SofaCanary Mon 10-Nov-14 13:22:07

Quite a few people have raved about these Paige Skylines, they were too low rise for me.

IPreferCats Mon 10-Nov-14 15:28:52

Thanks for all your suggestions. Can't wait to get to the shops now to try them on!

rubybleu Mon 10-Nov-14 17:08:14

Paige Skylines are mid-rise. I suit low rise as I'm very short in the rise and the Skylines are a little too long in the rise to be flattering.

Diesel, Replay and G-Star are all very low rise.

SofaCanary Mon 10-Nov-14 18:07:34

The Skylines have a 7.5" rise, that's definitely on the low side in my book!

rubybleu Mon 10-Nov-14 20:41:14

Paige themselves describe them as a mid-rise jean! They are great jeans and I like the pair I've got, but low-rise they aren't.

SofaCanary Mon 10-Nov-14 21:30:50

They are if you're 5'9.

rubybleu Tue 11-Nov-14 07:58:45

I'm 5'10 and 33" of leg. They're not low-rise which is what the OP was after.

AggressiveBunting Tue 11-Nov-14 08:02:26

I'm roughly the same size as you- I wear 7 for all mankind. Low rise without showing your arse when you bend over. Top shop used to do a nice low rise straight leg called Martha but think it disappeared

peasandlove Tue 11-Nov-14 08:36:04

I've got some CK jeans that are so low you can almost see my caesarean scar. Im going shopping tomorrow for some mid rise jeans as I'm so sick of my arse hanging out when I sit down

rubybleu Tue 11-Nov-14 09:44:09

^ SFAM is a good option especially if you have a less than generous bum.

You can also find them cheaply on eBay once you know your size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now