Talk

Advanced search

Short, fat, need a party dress - please help me!

(11 Posts)
CressidaCarry Sun 09-Nov-14 23:11:41

Terrible legs/stomach/arms.
Size 14/16
Large but ok norks.
Hour class figure or rather, not pear or apple - think orange grin

Basically should wear a tent but need something marginally more flattering if possible. Going to friend's 40th birthday party - at their house so partywear but not super posh. Would be great if I could wear it for Christmas too.
Only nice heels are black.

Mission impossible basically.

Challenge set fashionistas.

GlaceCherries Sun 09-Nov-14 23:24:20

How tall are you? And what's your budget? Where do you like to shop usually?

I love a Whistles silk dress (me: 5ft 2", size 12/14, impressive bosoms) when the cash flow is right.

How about a fancy top with simple skirt or trousers kind of combo? Your nice heels will enhance that kind of outfit.

5madthings Sun 09-Nov-14 23:26:53

Look at lindybop. They do lovely dresses that flatter.

Jakadaal Sun 09-Nov-14 23:48:26

Have you looked at the Gemma Collins collection? If it a lovely navy lace dress for a party-very stretchy so comfortable, very flattering shape (made the brisk look good!)and customer service was really good.

CressidaCarry Sun 09-Nov-14 23:53:25

Budget up to £100
5ft 1
Will look at recommendations, thanks! Off to bed now so not ignoring but will look in the morning smile

CressidaCarry Sun 09-Nov-14 23:57:13

OMG - looked at whistles, clothes are lovely but what is with the miserable starey models? Very off putting!

Jakadaal Sun 09-Nov-14 23:57:14

Apols for typos - fat fingers on new phone! Should read 'I got a dress' and 'makes norks look good'!!

CressidaCarry Sun 09-Nov-14 23:58:45

Right, must go to bed but jakadaal - if you have time later could you link to dress please, thanks!

WhenIGrowUpIWantToBeAPenguin Mon 10-Nov-14 00:21:01

I tried this on today - it's really beautiful in person and quite 'fun' but still very classy. It was also very flattering (even with big boobs) and very forgiving of any lumps & bumps.

hellsbellsmelons Mon 10-Nov-14 11:24:57

Loads on ASOS

Jakadaal Mon 10-Nov-14 22:19:11

Sorry for delay - long day! this this is very similar but mine had short sleeves. Material is not brilliant but overall look worked well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now