Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to MichaelJohn in Knightsbridge?

(8 Posts)
MildredH Sun 09-Nov-14 22:45:23

I've posted a few times about my woeful post baby hair.

It's always been fine but post baby it has fallen out spectacularly and is so thin now it looks appalling.

I have been fairly unimpressed with my current salon for a while- paying top whack and walking out feeling so-so at best.

Desperate to try somewhere which will make me feel better about my hair. Cannot seem to think of anyone to get a local recommendation from so have been googling a lot.

Have come up with MichaelJohn- they have a "thin hair clinic" in mayfair branch, or also have a knightsbridge branch with an offer for highlights and cut at the moment.

In short- has anyone been? Or anywhere else people would recommend? I am just north of London and can get into central London fairly easily. Happy to pay up to £200 ish, maybe a bit more for cut and colour..

Thanks!

18yearsoftrying Mon 10-Nov-14 05:58:54

Yep, a previous work colleague. Wouldn't go anywhere else at all & would work on laptop, take calls etc while been seen to.

She had cut & colour regularly, could afford to go wherever she wanted for anything she fancied but always returned there.

She had INCREDIBLY high standards in every aspect of her life - if you can, go for it!

MildredH Mon 10-Nov-14 19:00:55

Thanks 18.. Just weighing up if it's worth the dosh and the hassle of getting into London..

MildredH Mon 10-Nov-14 19:02:14

Incidentally I would not have laptop or mobile phone- I would likely fall asleep as mother of teething baby or read my kindle at a push if they fed me lots of coffee to keep me awakewink

18yearsoftrying Mon 10-Nov-14 19:41:38

I'm sure they provide Champagne from what I was told (!)

MildredH Mon 10-Nov-14 20:16:49

You're speaking my language 18!

bettybigballs Mon 10-Nov-14 20:41:57

Yes, yes and yes. Great advice and a great cut. Went to a thin hair stylist (can't for the life of me remember who) post ds1 when my hair was a mess.

I shopped around (Knightsbridge), but they were the only ones who gave me a warm welcome and some help.

MildredH Mon 10-Nov-14 22:57:23

Thank you Betty.. Am going to call tomorrow and see if I can grill them on who to ask for for thin hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now