Talk

Advanced search

Trying to buy new jeans but they always go baggy

(18 Posts)
WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 09-Nov-14 08:53:57

Hi I'm trying to buy some jeans. Lost some baby weight recently and need to update my wardrobe.

I've tried jeans from a few inexpensive places but they always fit ok in the shop.
When I get them home they go baggy within a few hours (they are pretty much falling off me).

Any one have any clue where I am going wrong

Llareggub Sun 09-Nov-14 08:58:23

I can't help. I have the same problem. What body shape are you? I've pretty much given up on jeans now and wear tights and dresses.

Robertwars Sun 09-Nov-14 09:02:19

I have had this exact problem! I have found M&S indigo skinnies are good but only if I buy a size down so they are super tight when I first try them on.

Bunbaker Sun 09-Nov-14 09:03:30

I find that M & S jean always shrink when washed, so buy some that fit, then wash them.

StrawberryCheese Sun 09-Nov-14 09:05:57

I have this problem too. Even a belt doesn't hold them up enough. I'm a pear shape. The only place I've got jeans that stay up is Zara but they faded quite badly in the wash. Sorry that's not very helpful.

Orangeanddemons Sun 09-Nov-14 09:07:13

The rule of thumb with jeans is always buy a sizes smaller than you are. A if they fit ok in a shop, you buy the next size down

whitecandles Sun 09-Nov-14 09:11:01

Only shop I know that has jeans that have never done this for me is Topshop.

overmydeadbody Sun 09-Nov-14 09:12:27

You need to buy good quality jeans and make sure they are tight when you first buy them.

I now only buy Levis, the salesperson assured me I needed to buy the ones that felt too tight, and they were right. The fit perfectly now even though they felt uncomfortably tight in the shop.

AuraofDora Sun 09-Nov-14 09:17:40

Ah that's wise advice overmydeadbody wish I had known it myself, have same problem. But I couldn't get the size below actually on so bit puzzled.

Anyone tried shrinking them a bit with hot wash and hot tumble dry? Does it work,am tempted to do a 60 degree wash might end up with jeans for Barbie!

PeoniesforMissAnnersley Sun 09-Nov-14 11:22:48

I always buy the ones that I can hardly get done up in the shop, they usually fit after a few hours of wear. River island ones weirdly have stayed quite nice and tight with no sag - I think I have their Molly. Top shop used to be good but they are very thin material now and I suspect would sag v quickly. I have a fab pair of black jeans from Zara that don't sag at all.

Bunbaker Sun 09-Nov-14 11:24:45

I find very tight jeans extremely uncomfortable, so I never buy jeans that are too tight for comfort on first fitting. Also, my experience is that jeans invariably shrink (no I am not putting on weight because the length shrinks as well - M & S are the worst culprits for this)

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 09-Nov-14 13:41:35

Thanks for the replies. I am a pear shape (maybe the fabric just can't cope with my huge arse) wink

I think I will have to try buying a stupidly tight pair and see if that works.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 09-Nov-14 13:42:57

Think I might follow my dead bodies advice and go for Levi's with a sales person to advise

Bunbaker Sun 09-Nov-14 14:00:41

I am pear shaped as well and have a really flattering pair of slim leg demi curve Levis that I bought from their outlet shop.

PeoniesforMissAnnersley Sun 09-Nov-14 14:27:28

I am very pear shaped. I find River Island good. GAP/Next are cut for apples imo. I had an awesome pair of levis (best jeans I ever had) from an American outlet store I got on holiday - should have bought 10 pairs!

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Sun 09-Nov-14 14:59:41

Also if you are pear shaped (or hourglass) then buying high rise jeans will help with the "staying up" issue as they will be more fitted at the top.

rookiemater Sun 09-Nov-14 15:04:56

I find Mint Velvet to be good, also have the Next superlifter ones or whatever they are called that cost £45 and they're ok. Boden ones are ok, but the styling is very hit or miss and some years they have this weirdy poochy bit at the front which is too big even for my mahoosive belly. My M&S pair get baggy within an hour or so.

leedy Sun 09-Nov-14 16:18:28

Expensive (I buy them in the sales), but J Brand Photo Ready fabric jeans are pretty much knee-bag proof. Never found anything nearly as good in any other brand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now