Talk

Advanced search

Liquid eyeliner - wow, it stays put!

(13 Posts)
pussinboots61 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:57:23

Having just ran out of my Clinique quickliner today I've used a cheap Boots Collection liquid eyeliner that was at the bottom of my make up bag, I'm surprised by the fact that tonight it hasn't budged at all and looks just the same as when I applied it this morning.

I prefer pencil eyeliner for a smokey effect but it always ends up smudging. I am over 50 and think pencil looks softer but I prefer the staying power of the liquid.

What do you all use?

goodasitgets Sat 08-Nov-14 23:23:02

Gel liner smile usually with a flick (see pic)
This is my every day sort of makeup really, if I wear less people ask if I'm not well!

pussinboots61 Sat 08-Nov-14 23:26:21

Wow that looks great, you look younger than me though, do you think that look would suit me (almost 53), mind you, without blowing my own trumpet people do say I don't look my age.

Fabulassie Sat 08-Nov-14 23:27:17

I use liquid liner, and if I want smokey smudge, I go over it with a deep black shadow applied with a very fine angled brush.

goodasitgets Sat 08-Nov-14 23:27:52

I think gel liner is great, you can smudge it a bit too. Maybelline do one that comes with its own brush that's cheap to try out
My mum is 65 and always having her makeup done at mac or bobbi brown and they often do liner really well on her smile

mowglik Sun 09-Nov-14 01:03:43

I use kohl liner, smudge it in the gel or liquid liner over the top for intensity and staying power at the base of my eyelids

mowglik Sun 09-Nov-14 01:06:01

*Smudge it in, then gel liner over top

Fairylea Sun 09-Nov-14 07:40:56

Collection 2000 eyeliner pen is the best I've ever used. Won't budge for anything! I worked for clinique and chanel for years and years and still think the collection one is better...! Estee Lauder artists eye pencil is excellent for smudgy type looks.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 09-Nov-14 07:47:18

Yep, agree with Collection 2000. I use Mac gel pots for lower lids with their tiny brush. Fab !

NespressoLatte Sun 09-Nov-14 08:35:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goodasitgets Sun 09-Nov-14 08:48:04

Tinted and threaded but in that pic I have ASDA brow pencil on! It's the least red one I've found and cheap too, think it's light brown

NespressoLatte Sun 09-Nov-14 12:30:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twostepsister Sun 09-Nov-14 14:30:32

I use the Eye Do liquid liner
www.eyeko.com/liquid-eyeliner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now