Talk

Advanced search

Today I will mostly be dying my hair white/silver blonde

(39 Posts)
Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 12:22:13

My dark roots need doing anyway, so it's time for a change.

It's winter, I'm pale. I'm hoping I can pull it off without it aging me horribly.

Now, the worst case scenario I've considered is blue or purple hair ..... I can cope with that confused

I've plucked my eye brows, do I look groomed. I've got bleach and I'm off to collect the the toner later.

Anything else I need to consider?

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 12:23:09

*SO I look groomed, not do.

Ohmygrood Sat 08-Nov-14 12:24:07

Get some purple shampoo/conditioner in.

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 12:28:40

Have that already, to remove brassiness from current blonde. Also have coconut oil to help poor knackered hair to recover grin

BlairWaldorfHeadBand Sat 08-Nov-14 13:38:07

What are you using?
I have white hair and it's gorgeous but an utter bugger to keep. I recommend Bleach London products, coconut oil and bed head resurrection shampoo

hedwig2001 Sat 08-Nov-14 13:38:23

I gave up dying my hair some years ago at about 44. Completely white hair.
Get lots of compliments.
Take care with oils for conditioning. I asked my hairdresser about argan oil. She said it can give an odd colour to white hair.

BlairWaldorfHeadBand Sat 08-Nov-14 13:41:39

I agree, be very careful what you use on white hair as any colour can stick. Bleach London silver shampoo is fantastic but can be very drying, I recommend the coconut oil conditioner from Sally's to keep your hair soft

Ohmygrood Sat 08-Nov-14 15:16:10

Palmers do a range of coconut hair products which are quite cheap and really nice. Their hair cream is great and only about a fiver on amazon. I use the shampoo and conditioner as well. Ds2 pinches them as well cos he loves the smell!

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 15:40:51

Yes, I'm a bit concerned about colours sticking. Currently bleaching the arse out my hair and drinking a Virgin Mary <<classy>>

Ohmygrood Sat 08-Nov-14 15:43:37

You should have posted before and after pics!
I had white hair in my youth. I loved it, but had a mishap with the bleach once and a clump fell off!

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 15:48:55

I can do if you want, I'm sure I can find a picture of my current blonde. Then an after pic of possibly blue hair wink

exWifebeginsat40 Sat 08-Nov-14 15:55:07

i've been white-blonde for a couple of years now. currently Very Bright Pink though - i can chuck colours at it and get amazing results.

i did do 2 bleaches in a row last month and now my fringe won't grow - it just keeps breaking off. where do i get coconut oil?

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 15:56:18

I buy mine from the world food aisle in Tesco.

Ujjayi Sat 08-Nov-14 16:44:19

Castor Oil is excellent for breakage. I've been using it as a treatment once a week for the last few months and it has made a huge difference. You only need 2-3 drops - it very sticky and thick. Leave hair wrapped in a towel overnight (or shower cap) and shampoo off the next morning.

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 16:46:52

Bugger. Might have two tone hair, my roots haven't lifted enough.

<<glares at bleach>>

Still toners on, can always wear my hair up till I can fix it.

BlairWaldorfHeadBand Sat 08-Nov-14 17:01:24

What bleach are you using?

cookietrue22 Sat 08-Nov-14 17:08:46

Have got white blonde hair and some coconut oil in food cupboard. What do you guys do with it? In need of a serious treatment.

sillymillyb Sat 08-Nov-14 17:11:53

Ooh I used to have white / silver hair. I LOVED it. Was never brave enough to do it myself though, I would have turned it orange or sommat. Please can we see before / afters? If it works for you I might try and do mine at home too. What could possibly go wrong?!! gringrin

Catswiththumbs Sat 08-Nov-14 17:16:20

You need protein, not just moisture.

Redken extreme is amazing.

Miss my lilac/silver hair envy

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 18:50:40

Phew. It's ok.

It's gone a lovely silver.

To bleach my hair I now use Feria Platinum 8l, works better than anything else on my hair and is pretty consistent.

I used Bleach of a London white toner and am really impressed with it. Much nicer than the Wella ones, although pricier.

I may look for the Redken, that's a good idea.

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 18:52:30

Right, this is my hair before. I'm really, really sorry about the picture, blush it's the only one I have with my hair before now, and was taken when dh was away and asked me to sent a sexy picture.

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 18:55:50

And this is now, sorry about the light but it's gone a really nice silver

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 19:09:14

It looks similar to what you had...just a bit lighter and less golden. Its nice smile I like it.

Honeydragon Sat 08-Nov-14 19:12:25

Thank you. Looks better without the brassiness though, it looked much yellower in daylight.

nooddsocksforme Sat 08-Nov-14 19:15:25

looks lovely -the silver suits you much better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now