Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what is the sverage dress size?

(14 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 09:16:19

I remember it being a 16. The reason I ask is because I am a 12 but after a number of months I have put on weight and veering towards a 14 and it makes me feel shit. I am on anti depressants due to past work issues. They have made me feel hungry. I am now down about havng to go on a diet lol ( hate diets) and if I stay the same, down about my weight!! Cant win. I am 5.5. I have a crap neck that crepey when too thin. Its the old choice of no wrinkles on a balloon. Now 47 and also bloated being peri menopausal. Period every 3 months. Is a 14 that bad?

Clarabumps Sat 08-Nov-14 09:20:43

No of course it's not bad. The point is you should feel good about yourself. Have you thought about getting more active? Walking? Starting an exercise class or something. Perhaps just tone up? Not necessarily diet but just cut out any rubbish or refined carbs (bread etc) fill up on fruit and cut down on alcohol? It doesn't have to be a big change.
Putting on a few pounds isn't a big deal, you could lose them before Christmas if you changed a few wee things.

AuntieStella Sat 08-Nov-14 09:26:44

There is no one "standard" because it varies between manufacturers (and regulation was abolished in 1980s). Dress size really is no indicator any more.

The brilliant Menopause Matters website has a page on menopausal weight gain and you might find it helpful to look at that and round the site generally.

Behoove Sat 08-Nov-14 09:26:55

I would love to be a 14 again. I've crept up to a 16 and being 50 have similar issues to those you describe. Try focussing on the bits of you that you like and ignore the '14' label. I bet you look lovely to everyone else.

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 09:27:47

I want to start yoga tbh. I am currently not doing exercise but have a 3 year old, 6 snd 7 year old. work 3 days a week so find motivating myself hard cause im tired!!! Your simple post has made me feel better. Its not that much to lose. I just need a kick in the right direction!! Thanks.

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 09:30:54

Thank you beehoove. Actually I am blessed as I dont look my age! My mum mskes me feel bad. Says im plump twice angry My MIL said to me I look better now thsn I did years agosmile but still not focusing on the good confused

Behoove Sat 08-Nov-14 09:31:13

I'm tired enough coping with one 16yo! You're doing well with three little ones and working too - you should be proud of yourself. grin

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 09:32:35

Auntiestella thanks for that link. grin

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 09:35:50

Yes Beehoove. Thanksgrin I actually have much older children too. 16 year olds....yeh ive been there. Not an age im currently looking forward too having already done it 3 times before. ( I have 6 children altogether)

Clarabumps Sat 08-Nov-14 09:43:15

I have three of similar ages OP. It so bloody tiring isn't it? I'm shattered. I have only just managed to do the odd youtube yoga routine. Even if I only have ten minutes, just some stretching so I feel better. I have accepted that with my really limited time I can't dedicate an hour to the gym everyday. When my youngest is at nursery then I'll re-evaluate it.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I have struggled to shift my baby weight since having my third two years ago. I've just stopped drinking as much(having gin instead of wine) and cut back on bread etc and I've lost just over a stone. It's taken a few months though. About a pound a week. Not much but doable.

You should be proud of yourself. It's hard to find motivation when you are so tired. You'll lose that few pounds, don't stress. Just do some exercise that you actually enjoy and yoga is perfect for that. And you get to relax at the same time.
if you can get some peace in your house to do it

Clarabumps Sat 08-Nov-14 09:44:03

Holy crap 6 kids! Well done you ^tips hat^

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 10:24:39

Clarabumps thanks for that. Sounds like you have your hands full too!
Might try a little app to do tbe yogaat home to begin with. Its so difficult to actually go out!!!!

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 10:25:30

Rats... bloody predictive text is crap!

Clarabumps Sat 08-Nov-14 14:47:47

I hear you, by the time bedtime is over with I just want to collapse like Goldie Hawn in Overboard. "bu bu bu bu bu bu "
ignore that obscure reference

There just is no time to actually leave the house. If you can be arsed, i thoroughly recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's hard but you can feel a difference after a few sessions and it's only 20 minutes long. it does involve a bit of jumping so if you aren't into that then that's something to consider or if your pelvic floor is shot to hell like mine is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now