Talk

Advanced search

London - where can I get a 'free' hairdo

(8 Posts)
sacbina Fri 07-Nov-14 22:39:49

meeting friends next Saturday. nothing fancy, but do fancy making an appointment for someone else to fiddle about with my hair smile

anywhere central? west end? somewhere I need to book?

not been into twin town in 4 years since dd, really need a bit of pampering at the moment. pretty please xxc

NowhereNow Fri 07-Nov-14 23:13:46

Years ago I used to go to the Toni & Guy Academy which is near Centrepoint/Tottenham Court Road tube station. I think it was either £5 or free with an advert (they were often in those free magazines that they give out near tube stations). Expect to be there for several hours and I don't think there's much flexibility about appointment times.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 07-Nov-14 23:16:25

It's not really a Saturday thing - were you hoping to do it on the day?

sacbina Sat 08-Nov-14 07:41:53

on the Saturday yes. might be wishful thinkingsad

ZaraW Sat 08-Nov-14 11:53:46

As others have said Saturday is probably not going to work

www.timeout.com/london/shopping/londons-best-free-haircuts?pageNumber=2

Leviticus Sat 08-Nov-14 11:56:34

Aveda used to do it at their training academy in Covent Garden. I'm talking over 10 years ago but you never know.

sacbina Sat 08-Nov-14 13:17:12

of well. just fancied someone to do some curls, or an up do or something. maybe the big department stores?

TheSpottedZebra Sat 08-Nov-14 14:03:20

I don't k ow of anywhere that would do hair for free on a Saturday - it's the busiest day of the week so they'd need to use staff and seats for paying customers unfortunately. There are sometimes those people flogging hot curlers that demonstrate in places like Debenham?

A blow dry will cost about £25 min in central London, and I guess an updo the same. If you wanted a cheaper beauty treat, what about getting your brows seen to at a brow bar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now