Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ash virginy trainer. I'm currently wearing one 4 & one 5. Sizing help please!

(10 Posts)
u32ng Fri 07-Nov-14 22:19:37

I can't make up my mind which size to keep!confused

I am normally a 5 but the 5 does feel a bit roomy & I've heard the sizing can be a bit generous. The 4 is ok though there's a tiny bit of pinching across the widest part or my toes.

I can't work out how much the shoe will stretch with wear and don't want to make an expensive mistake by getting pinchy 4's that might be ok after a good wearing or roomy 5's that might rub my heels or be stretched out boats after a good wearing.

Is there anyone out there with the same shoe that you've worn for a bit so can advise me on stretch please?

lougle Fri 07-Nov-14 22:24:40

For a horrible moment I read your thread title as 'Ash virginity trainer' and my eyes widened even further once I read about a size 5 feeling roomy shock

I know nothing about the trainers though. Sorry about that!

Greengardenpixie Fri 07-Nov-14 22:30:38

My gut reaction is to keep the ones with a little more room. Could you buy an insole for them. Works a treat for me. I dont have them so cant comment on a particular brand however i have bought trainers and shoes that were too small for me and pinched because the others seemed to big but feet swell and sometimes you need that extra space. I remember years ago doing this and my feet were so sore i had black nails with bruising.

Greengardenpixie Fri 07-Nov-14 22:41:35

and in my experience, those types of shoes with the rubber bit at the toe rarely give after time. They were the type of shoes with the rubber toe bit, i hurt my feet with!

LadyRubyPenhaligon Fri 07-Nov-14 22:48:04

Keep the 5. They do come up big but the 4s will forever pinch and rub and so you won't wear as much.

u32ng Sat 08-Nov-14 00:07:46

Thanks! In bed now and although still unsure I was leaning towards the 5. I decided to measure the 5 against my current converse and it was about the same size.

You make a good point Greengarden - the rubber bit is pretty fixed I suppose eh?

I think it's just the price making me shock a bit over the sizing!

BlueEyedWonder Sat 08-Nov-14 06:57:39

I have Ash boots. I am a 4 and wear a 4. They do feel a little more roomy than other brands but they don't feel "too big". I wouldn't size down if they are pinching as I don't think my boots have given over time.

mysteryfairy Sat 08-Nov-14 07:58:37

Going against other comments I do size down in these. A size smaller than my feet feel snug to start with but are fine after a couple of wears. A friend who bought her actual size is driven mad by how loose hers are.

u32ng Sat 08-Nov-14 08:29:54

Well I've definitely decided on the 5's. My feet were all hot from wearing my sheepskin slippers this morning and I went to put my feet into the 4's and just thought "hmm, no". Will report back in a month or 2 in case anyone else has a similar dilemma in the future!

Greengardenpixie Sat 08-Nov-14 08:58:43

I reckon you have made the right choice. keep wiyh your own size. If they do feel roomy, get a slim insole. It will make you boots feel a little snugger. I have a pairvof biker boots that are slighly roomy. I put an insole in and they are perfect. I buy just a slim odour eater. If you need them snugger buy thicker ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now