Talk

Advanced search

Why the heck did I buy an illuminated magnifying mirror

(12 Posts)
Drywhiteplease Fri 07-Nov-14 21:50:25

Oh my goodness, just switched it on, put on my glasses and it's horrible shock Bloody scary I tell you. sad
So....here's the question. Without my glasses, in a normal mirror my skin is ok.
But after close inspection my pores are a bit clogged up.
I cleanse, tone and moisturise daily.
How can I deep clean my pores ?
Are face masks a waste of time?
Am I over moisturising?
Or should I just take my glasses off and get rid of the mean mirror?

Sicaq Fri 07-Nov-14 22:00:18

Don't know about pores, but those mirrors are terrifying. I can see whole bloody canyons when I use mine, but to normal human eyes I know I look younger than I am. No-one sees your skin like it appears in those evil mirrors.

TravelinColour Fri 07-Nov-14 22:03:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lurkingaround Fri 07-Nov-14 22:06:10

Throw away the flipping mirror. Can ANYONE else see your skin like that? No. Your skin is fine. The mirror is evil.

Drywhiteplease Fri 07-Nov-14 22:29:50

I bought it because, being increasingly long sighted, it makes plucking my eye brows easier.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 08-Nov-14 06:55:37

I'd suggest normal mirror - preferably antique and a little bit mottled. Also candle light.

My old cleaner used to leave the bathroom mirror on the magnifying side - I'm sure she did it deliberately wink

Do you double cleanse? I find that helps and also have been using some acid stuff on my skin recently which has helped but do read the instructions before use.

ZaraW Sat 08-Nov-14 07:24:49

I really rate the Clarisonic face brush, my skin has never looked better.

Marylou2 Sat 08-Nov-14 08:49:17

You could buy a clarisonic, double cleanse with a hot cloth cleanser each night (I like lush ultra bland) , use Alpha H liquid gold every other night. Add a Factor 50 to your moisturiser and drink 2l of water a day.I did all this after staying in a hotel with an ultra magnifying mirror, and a bit of Botox tooblush . My skin looks immeasurably better. Or you could save a fortune and dump the mirror.

FelixTitling Sat 08-Nov-14 08:50:34

I was bought one of these mirrors.

Gave it away quick smart.

Kundry Sat 08-Nov-14 09:05:00

Put away the mirror.

The absolute best thing you can do for your pores is look at them like everyone else does - from a metre away without magnification.

I got a bit massively obsessed with my pore size and then started looking at other people's faces - low and behold my pores are exactly the same size as everyone elses!

Pores are normal. They don't open and close, they are the size they are. I promise you, only you care about yours. Also google sebaceous filaments - your pores aren't clogged, they are meant to look like that grin

Drywhiteplease Sat 08-Nov-14 16:03:50

Thanks everyone. Clair sonic stuff sounds good. So does candle light grin

nooddsocksforme Sat 08-Nov-14 19:19:06

how close do you stand when you talk to people-do you stare or get an over all general impression. The best advice I ever got in a small clothes shop is that no-one except you is immediately looking at the worst bits-whether skin or figure-people glance and have an overall impression. those mirrors show details no-one else ever sees

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now