Talk

Advanced search

I want something nice to wear for Christmas Day?

(18 Posts)
MyGhostIsFlummoxed Fri 07-Nov-14 18:57:46

I'm tempted by this just with black jeans as it will be cool enough to cook in & I don't want to be OTT as there'll only be me, DH, small DSs & my mum.

I also quite like this but not sure about the colours, would prefer red or green.

Any other fairly cheap suggestions?

Mrsgrumble Fri 07-Nov-14 19:04:00

This is lovely and good value. Would add sparkly necklace ..comes in red too

Mrsgrumble Fri 07-Nov-14 19:04:16

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/tops-443/lace-collar-top-3252065?refinements=Colour%7b1%7d~%5bgreen%7cred%5d&bi=1&ps=200

MaryWestmacott Fri 07-Nov-14 19:17:25

Op, I like the red vest top, but might be a little chilly all day, you'll end up putting on a cardie and ruining the look.

I've a similar dilemma - hosting this year so not actually going outside all day, seems odd to put shoes on but all the day dresses I've seen need footwear. Think it's going to have to be jeans and nice top as then I can wear big Christmas slippers

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 07-Nov-14 19:21:41

I love the Next vest (the pinky neutral one especially)

nannynoss Fri 07-Nov-14 20:38:09

I love the second top. Very flattering shape

MaryWestmacott Fri 07-Nov-14 20:59:48

Although you could go with the red top then get this to cover up later if you get a bit cold... grin

MaryWestmacott Fri 07-Nov-14 21:10:33

i've actually seen this jumper which doesn't look that warm to be fair! although thought it might look nice with some burgandy jeggings I already have, not sure if the natural or the black would be better... (and then big snowman slippers on my feet and a rosy "I've been at the sherry while cooking" look to my face)

I posted the Oasis sparkle one on another thread. It looks lovely.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 07-Nov-14 23:28:17

Not something I'd wear but it's nice

herecomesthsun Sat 08-Nov-14 12:06:53

whoah but not sure I can justify the cost of this personally as need to lose weight

LeoandBoosmum Sat 08-Nov-14 13:27:56

They all look freezing! How about a nice jumper:
www.thewhitecompany.com/clothing/new-arrivals/rectangular-sequin-jumper--french-navy-marl/
If you like it but it's too dear I'm sure you could find something on Asos.

LeoandBoosmum Sat 08-Nov-14 13:32:34

Can anyone recommend really warm nightwear/ stuff to snuggle up in...that won't break the bank. I have a limited budget but I feel the cold so badly. Polyester is warm but seems to make me uncomfortable and sort of sweaty (even though I am not a person who normally sweats). I think a polyester dressing gown (if super warm) would be tolerable but not for anything next to my skin. I was looking at brushed cotton pjs but they seem pretty pricey! My feet are also an issue - always cold even with two pairs of socks on!
Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Captainbarnacles1101 Sat 08-Nov-14 13:36:02

New look online have 25% of slippers and nightwear today only.

LeoandBoosmum Sat 08-Nov-14 15:45:55

Oops OP, sorry to hijack your thread with my nightwear question! That was meant to be a separate thread entirely! And, thanks, Captain! smile

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Sun 09-Nov-14 14:09:39

Never mind, hijack away! I also want Christmas pjs!

Coumarin Sun 09-Nov-14 18:23:26

Leo For your feet, get yourself some slipper boots. I have some from Fat Face that are like big fluffy yeti feet but my feet and ankles are really warm.

Some fluffy socks underneath and that part of you will be sorted at least.

burnishedsilver Sun 09-Nov-14 18:40:11

With all the cooking, alcohol and candles I'm usually roasting on Christmas day. The red sequined top would do nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now