Talk

Advanced search

is there a way to fix wire poking from bra?

(9 Posts)
CurlsLDN Fri 07-Nov-14 15:23:53

Just that really. I have a nice black bra from Debenhams gorgeous range. I've had it about 5 months and it's had plenty of wear, but the cups and straps etc are all still in perfect shape.
Imagine my HORROR when my fave black bra poked me in the chest this morning. Is there a nifty fix for when the underwire pokes out? I'm nifty at sewing, is there something I can sew over the hole?

CurlsLDN Fri 07-Nov-14 15:24:39

*too many niftys by far there

squoosh Fri 07-Nov-14 15:25:10

If you can nudge the wire down far enough you can darn the opening as would do with a sock.................back in the day when people darned socks that is!

catseyes10 Fri 07-Nov-14 15:26:08

Make sure the wire is shoved all the way back in, sew up the end where it was poking out smile job done!

PeppermintInfusion Fri 07-Nov-14 16:04:27

I've tried sewing before and it's never felt right or worked for long

Slowdownsally Fri 07-Nov-14 16:10:41

I cover the hole with a tiny piece of felt first and then stitch over, but it still isn't fool proof.

I think once they start to poke through they are going to the bin in a little while.

Very annoying.

Don't tumbled dry bras and wash them in a pillowcase. That seems to make them last longer.

Pico2 Fri 07-Nov-14 16:11:19

Does it have a bow in the middle? The most success I've had is by sewing the bow over the hole.

aylesburyduck Fri 07-Nov-14 16:44:17

Shove the wire back in and get a bit of ribbon and sew that over the end.

Since I have followed the bra intervention method I find this happens less - not sure if that's just coincidence though.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 07-Nov-14 17:06:33

Is it worth taking back? I bought a bra from bravissimo in July and the same thing happened, I emailed them, they send me a free returns label, then sent me a replacement.
Brilliant customer service smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now