Talk

Advanced search

V neck sweaters for blokes

(4 Posts)
kiwidreamer Fri 07-Nov-14 10:16:13

DH has a couple of lovely merino V neck sweaters that he will not wear as he says he cant wear collared shirts underneath them, he freely admits he has no idea about fashion so I'm surprised he's sticking to his guns on this one but there you go! I also am lacking in fashion know-how so please tell me what should a tall, solid bloke (6ft2 100kgs) wear underneath a light wool jumper?? He doesn't have to be ultra smart for work, just smart casual and usually wears a standard collared shirt --ironing is optional apparently-- and jeans with black shoes. Otherwise its polo shirts and jeans --but mostly trackpants if we're being honest-- so he doesn't have round neck t-shirts, he has a bit of a belly so fitted T's are usually a no go.

Any advice or should I just get rid of the jumpers!!!

CantStopEatingCheese Fri 07-Nov-14 10:36:44

My DH wears v-neck jumpers with a white or grey t-shirt underneath (not too fitted just a normal plain t-shirt). Or with collared shirts which I think looks nice and quite smart. (Neither of us is that fashionable though so what do we know?)

Does your DH say why he doesn't like them with collared shirts? Are they uncomfortable? Or does he not like the look?

nancy75 Fri 07-Nov-14 10:49:54

DH wears v neck jumpers with polo shirt underneath, I would have though this would be ok for work?

kiwidreamer Fri 07-Nov-14 11:57:17

He has said its just not right, nobody does it (collared shirt/v neck) but I don't see how its such a problem, I don't think it looks terrible... possibly it could be something else entirely as he was carrying a fair bit of extra weight until recently and maybe the jumpers were uncomfortable or made his tummy look big.

I might see if I can get him to actually try it on and see what he thinks, would be nice to actually wear £100 worth of jumpers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now