Talk

Advanced search

Coat Challenge! Can you help?

(8 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Fri 07-Nov-14 09:27:45

I've read the looooong coat thread with interest. I think I've narrowed down my search but I wondered if I've missed something.

I have a Merrell Haven coat. It's seen me through two winters. I love how warm and waterproof it is. However I've lost weight and it's now a bit big. I would also like something a bit more stylish.

So, the warmth/waterproofness of a Merrell, but a bit more classuc/stylish?

Ideally in navy blue.

Love the North Face Arctic Parka but it's just so expensive.

I am short so Didriksons and the Scandi brands are all way too long in the arm and length

I don't really like the Merrell Ellenwood

I like the Jack Wolfskin Parka but DH has one and I don't want to look like him grin

Seasalt doesn't suit me at all.

Not keen on Barbour.

Any thoughts?? smile

yazzy85 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:12:55

Have you looked at the Target Dry Parka? They are waterproof and come in a couple of different colours too.

Paddingtonthebear Fri 07-Nov-14 13:15:03

Not keen on the shiny buttons on the target dry grin

BlueEyedWonder Fri 07-Nov-14 13:26:15

Have you looked at Lands End down parka coats? Depending on how short you are, they do petite fit.

Paddingtonthebear Fri 07-Nov-14 14:05:37

Thank you, just had a look but the Lands End stuff defines frumpy for me I'm afraid ��

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Fri 07-Nov-14 21:38:26

I know you said you don't want the Jack Wolfskin parka, but I may never, ever, take my iceguard off ever again.

stickygotstuck Fri 07-Nov-14 21:50:12

I was going to suggest Lands End as well. They have a lot of different models so I don't think you can say it's all frumpy (but then I am not a stylish person and I tend to equate 'stylish' with 'boring' or 'frumpy' will you believe? grin).

I got a black parka last spring in the sale which is technical but doesn't look it, IYSWIM. Wore it today for the first time - 'tis great! I just see no point at all in a non-waterproof coat in this county.

Paddingtonthebear Sat 08-Nov-14 18:23:32

Does anyone know if the Merrell Ellenwood is as warm as the Merrell Haven??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now