Talk

Advanced search

stylish sahms - help!

(7 Posts)
frozenglitteryshit Thu 06-Nov-14 20:54:19

If you're a SAHM and you feel stylish and well put-together, what did you wear today? [struggling face]

SuperScribbler Thu 06-Nov-14 21:13:33

We'll I'm not sure how stylish I am, but today I wore a Whistles tube skirt, grey Cos jumper with an asymmetric front and button back, deep red wool and silk scarf, black opaques and Boden heels in a muted grey leopard pattern. Only wore heels as I had a committee meeting this morning and changed into knee high boots this afternoon for the school run. This evening I put a grey cashmere poncho over the top as I was chilly

mowglik Thu 06-Nov-14 21:28:16

Ditto, not sure if I am stylish but I do make an effort with my clothes! Just went out shopping today with the lo, and wore a mint velvet placket brown dress with black leggings and black ankle boots. Wore leather biker jacket on top and leopard print scarf. Had my alex wang diego bag so may have been a bit too bikery/studdy but i liked the look..

GeorginaWorsley Thu 06-Nov-14 21:46:20

Am mostly a SAHM

Today in between exercise gear I wore
Boden ankle grazers in dark indigo
white White stuff vest
grey White Company swing jumper
navy heeled suede ankle boots from Marks
blue ivory and red scarf
grey Warehouse bag

Quilted fur lined navy parka when out

lornemalvo Thu 06-Nov-14 21:49:14

Ha. The other 2 pps are a lot more serious about fashion than I am but I liked my outfit today. It was a brown and green woollen dress, brown cardigan and jeans. For a long time I wore any old thing because I wasn't going anywhere important. Now I try to wear something I like.

Turquoiseblue Thu 06-Nov-14 22:20:12

Not quite a sham (work pt) but today on my home day today I wore burgandy goldsigns, black Sam Edelman ankle boots, grey silk shirt and grey cos cardi. Kooples black coat over it to when outside.

Ujjayi Thu 06-Nov-14 22:28:46

I work from home but always try & make an effort with my clothes unless I'm doing any messy work.

My outfits are generally of the "dressed up but casual" variety. Inspired a lot by Isabel Marant & also Celia Birtwell/Barbara Hulanicki (sp?) in their late 60s/70s heyday.

Dresses (midi, maxi & above knee) layered over long sleeve tee, opaques, ankle boots

Skinnies, slouchy knit, scarf

Skinnies, shirt layered over long sleeve tee or beneath a sweatshirt

Skirt, slouchy knit, opaques, biker boots or ankle boots

I have a ton of knitwear as I hate being cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now