Talk

Advanced search

Over the knee boots

(8 Posts)
SWIMTHECHANNEL Thu 06-Nov-14 20:50:39

... anyone gone for it?

MrsGolightly Thu 06-Nov-14 20:53:46

about to I think... just considering whether to go practical (ie chunky heel) or glam (ie stiletto that I won't be able to wear that often) - think practical is winning. I've seen these on What I bought today:
www.duoboots.com/ladies-boots/black-suede/dita/d/

HappyGirlNow Thu 06-Nov-14 20:54:07

I'm tall, almost 5' 10" although admittedly longer backed, and the flat versions make my legs look like stumps..

The heeled versions are nice but I'm too old for them - generally anyone over 25 is I'd say...

MrsGolightly Thu 06-Nov-14 21:04:59

oh - i'm 40 and wouldn't have ever considered myself too old grin i'm going for it swim - do you have a shortlist?

HappyGirlNow Thu 06-Nov-14 22:09:54

Sorry grin - I'm 41 and I just think heeled ones are verging on mutton territory.. I know that term is disliked by some but I think dressing younger can make you look older.. I'm by no means frumpy btw, like younger fashion, but unfortunately I draw the line at over the knee heeled boots.. Boo...

Ujjayi Thu 06-Nov-14 22:13:12

I have seen some very glam examples of these but I think it would be too "principal boy" for me <<slaps thigh whilst casting a knowing look at audience>>

SWIMTHECHANNEL Thu 06-Nov-14 22:32:12

About a minute after I posted I bought these, Mrs G:

www.duoboots.com/outlet/products/boots/detail/calf_fitted_boots/leighton/2675/colour/4-black_suede%2509/shoesize/39/calfwidth/I/

I want low, for practicality: if I dare to keep them, I will only get one season's wear out of them (assuming they're a one-winter fad) so I need to be able to wear them lots

SWIMTHECHANNEL Mon 10-Nov-14 17:44:08

And they're hopeless. A great fit over the ankle and calf but Dick Whittington loose at the knee. I could store a telephone directory in there ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now