Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wearing brown and green together = tree?

(18 Posts)
ladeedad Thu 06-Nov-14 14:02:09

I love the 'warm' version of these colours. Bright, bottle greens, mints and tans.

Only problem is I keep thinking I look like a tree e.g. when I pair a bright green dress with my tan heels or boots.

It's a shame because I hate accessorising green with black, and don't have many neutrals.

What do I need to avoid/watch out for to avoid looking like shrubbery?

Greengardenpixie Thu 06-Nov-14 14:10:40

I think you will not look like a tree!!!!
Unless of course you have bushy leaf like hair!!! wink
Tbh i think your oufit will look fine. What about Navy and green..thats what i would go with personally because i am not fussed for brown.

UncleSue Thu 06-Nov-14 14:13:49

That would never occur to me, but it might now if I spot you grin

yomellamoHelly Thu 06-Nov-14 14:19:01

Mmm. Am wearing that combination now. Never occurred to me I might look like a tree! Would have said it's a good combination.

ladeedad Thu 06-Nov-14 14:57:31

I think it's a good combination. Nature tends to do her colour-coordinating thing well.

I think bloody Trinny and Susannah's books have put the fear of God in me and now I feel bad wearing anything. Navy and green would be very pretty - but sadly I've invested 100s in brown stuff and now I don't know how to wear it!

iseenodust Thu 06-Nov-14 15:04:37

Avoid flashing earrings as the festive season approaches ?

livelablove Thu 06-Nov-14 15:07:41

This made me laugh. Are you very tall OP?

Pigmella Thu 06-Nov-14 15:10:23

Today I am wearing a brown cardigan and a green dress and brown boots. Perhaps I am an upside down tree!! Had never crossed my mind!

ladeedad Thu 06-Nov-14 15:15:33

grin I'm actually quite petite. I just didn't want to look like a little fir!

dexter73 Thu 06-Nov-14 15:50:08

I once wore brown cords with a green jumper and thought exactly that! I did change the jumper.

pippistrelle Thu 06-Nov-14 16:12:57

I used to have a lovely green dress that I wore with brown boots. I really liked the combination but I must confess that I stopped wearing it when I heard that my daughter had identified me to someone else as "the one in the tree outfit".

Trees are nice, but I didn't want to look like one...

WowOoo Thu 06-Nov-14 17:42:10

I like the colours together but can't do brown on the bottom and green on top for the same reason.

Coumarin Thu 06-Nov-14 18:23:26

Didn't Trinny and Susanna say never wear black with colour? confused They talk out of their backsides.

Which is probably why they're now on qvc flogging kaftans and sequinned t shirts rather than prime time tv.

Wear your green and brown with pride. It looks fine.

Shirleycantbe Thu 06-Nov-14 18:27:25

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen.....

RudyMentary Thu 06-Nov-14 18:30:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TooMuchRain Thu 06-Nov-14 18:37:31

I always think it looks tree-like too, but I like trees so it's ok smile

DontGotoRoehampton Thu 06-Nov-14 18:40:08

Shirleycantbe grin

museumum Thu 06-Nov-14 18:42:38

Add a warm cream colour to the outfit, even if it's just a scarf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now