Talk

Advanced search

Jones Bootmaker Dilemma - New Shoes broken already

(13 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Thu 06-Nov-14 12:07:58

I bought a pair of shoes from Jones on 23rd October and have worn them to work most days since ( I work 4 days a week though!). Yesterday, the heel of one came off in the high street and I had to hobble home.

Should I take them back to the shop? Or just pay for them to be re-heeled? I must admit that my shoes often need re-heeling but I've never had to do it within two weeks of purchase and they weren't cheap tat either.

Any advice please?

ShatnersBassoon Thu 06-Nov-14 12:10:18

Of course take them back. They'll more than likely exchange them.

mowglik Thu 06-Nov-14 12:22:33

They should def exchange them, take them back!

Greengardenpixie Thu 06-Nov-14 18:12:22

Definetly take them back. 23rd October is not even a month. That is not acceptable.

Pompbear Thu 06-Nov-14 19:57:48

yes. no question.

TimeForAnotherNameChange Thu 06-Nov-14 23:10:23

Do you mean the little heel tip at the bottom came off, or that the whole heel block snapped off at the foot sole? If the former, I think you'll have a fight on your hands tbh. I'm hard on my shoes and can wear down a stiletto style heel in a couple of weeks, and materials for heel tips these days are vastly poorer than ten years ago even in premium brands.

DaMoves Sat 08-Nov-14 13:31:35

Take them back as not of satisfactory quality. They aren't very good about returns- they were arsey with me but I won in the end

JuanFernandezTitTyrant Sat 08-Nov-14 13:37:50

Also arsey with me and it was the first and last time I bought anything from them. But if the whole heel has snapped off definitely return them.

ninaprettyballerina Sat 08-Nov-14 16:24:42

Same with me. Needed reheeling within 2 weeks and Jones were REALLY arsey. Wrote to head office in the end and they refunded me

TheFantasticFixit Sat 08-Nov-14 16:31:03

Similar experience here, very arsey when returning due to a fault. Fight your corner, they'll try all sorts to argue the toss with you

LeoandBoosmum Sat 08-Nov-14 16:45:50

Take them back as they are not fit for purpose! You should be able to walk around in shoes during working hours four days a week for several weeks without the heel of your not inexpensive shoe falling off! If they get arsey I would not exchange, but would insist on a refund and buy elsewhere. You really shouldn't have a problem if you kept your receipt. But, if you do you should tell them you are going to report them to trading standards, submit online reviews and share your experiences accurately on several forums you belong to? You have a right to a refund solely based on the fact that the shoes were not fit for purpose!

MrsFruitcake Sat 08-Nov-14 16:46:59

I took them back today and they replaced them without too much trouble - she looked at them for a good while and then said it didn't seem right that the heel tip had broken off so soon. No wondering if the new pair will end up the same though.

rookiemater Sat 08-Nov-14 17:05:50

This happened with a pair I had from Jones. I brought them back and it was probably longer than a month and they had the heel replaced for me. I buy from reasonably expensive retailers and I always bring things back if I feel they have not lasted as long as I would expect them to. I'm always polite and I have always had a refund.

If you get the same isue with the new pair I'd bring them back and ask for a refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now