Talk

Advanced search

Black tights that I'm not going to melt in

(16 Posts)
DorisIsALittleBitPartial Wed 05-Nov-14 16:28:55

I hope someone can help!
I have just bought a gorgeous dress from Wallis for a party: link

I want to wear black tights like in the photo BUT not big thick heavy ones that will make me melt. I'm the hot person - put it this way - I'm still opening the window in the evening to cool me down sad
Does such a thing exist?

DorisIsALittleBitPartial Wed 05-Nov-14 16:30:49

Not sure what happened to my post, but I thought I'd added that regular 10/15 denier won't look right, I want thick tights that feel like 10/15 denier - Does such a thing exist?

tywysogesgymraeg Wed 05-Nov-14 16:38:04

M&S do tights that are supposed to adjust to your body temp. Keep you cool when you're hot, and vice versa.

Bunbaker Wed 05-Nov-14 16:46:49

I'm not sure that opaque tights do the dress justice. I'm no fashionista though.

LouiseBrooks Wed 05-Nov-14 16:51:20

I get "feels like" 30 denier silky ones from M&S and I love them. They do 40 as well.

DorisIsALittleBitPartial Wed 05-Nov-14 17:21:46

Will go to M&S tomorrow and see what they've got.
Bunbaker - what would you wear? Do you think nude sheer tights would look better? They'd certainly be cooler smile

Bunbaker Wed 05-Nov-14 17:24:58

Either nude or the 10/15 denier barely black. I just think that opaques look less "dressy" and more casual.

tywysogesgymraeg Wed 05-Nov-14 19:28:04

Love the dress btw

Assuming it's an indoor party I'd go bare legged with perhaps gold heels.

I'm a hot person too and hate getting too warm, especially in tights.

DorisIsALittleBitPartial Wed 05-Nov-14 22:15:16

Bare legs in November? What madness is this? shock wink
I did consider it actually with some strappy sandals but don't think it looks right.
The problem is a) I never wear dresses and b) I usually wear black so a not-black dress is well out of my comfort zone! I want to get it so it feels right otherwise on the day I'll drift back to black trousers and a nice but boring top fyswim.

DorisIsALittleBitPartial Wed 05-Nov-14 22:19:41

Thank you tywy, it's very flattering for a ahem plus-size and the colour is gorgeous.

nbee84 Wed 05-Nov-14 22:22:36

I also think nude tights would look better - you can see your skin through the lace on the arms so I think it balances it better to see skin colour on your legs rather than black.

nbee84 Wed 05-Nov-14 22:24:16

Forgot to say, it's a nice dress smile I like it.

BadlyDrawnBuoy Wed 05-Nov-14 22:30:59

You can buy black opaque hold ups in M&S - they stay up and stop the overheating effect.

burnishedsilver Wed 05-Nov-14 22:38:20

I suggest you stand in front of the mirror with one leg in the black tights and one leg in nude tights to decide.

DorisIsALittleBitPartial Wed 05-Nov-14 23:08:04

I like your thinking nbee, good point about the balance.
Badly - I'm too short and my thighs to chubby for hold ups sad
Burnished - yes, good idea, I will try that.

Thanks for all of your ideas thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now