Talk

Advanced search

stylish waterproof boots?

(9 Posts)
leedy Wed 05-Nov-14 15:21:04

Anyone got any tips for actually waterproof winter boots that don't look like I'm going hill-walking? Have a few lovely pairs of ankle boots but want something I can trust when it's pissing down not to get wrecked/give me wet fit. Preferably in a chelsea or biker boot style. I had a great pair from Clarks from a couple of years ago but basically wore them to destruction. I ordered these from Clarks again but they were bizarrely wide in the ankle bit and my feet kept slipping out of them, had to return them. Am considering these in the hope that I can adjust the strap thing. Anyone seen anything else nice?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 05-Nov-14 15:36:03

Well your links don't work but have you looked at Timberland? Lots of their boots are waterproof. I am currently coveting the Nellies. smile

leedy Wed 05-Nov-14 15:43:06

Gah, that's very annoying. Just checked and the entire Clarks website is down, so presumably they'll work again at some stage....

And ooh, thanks for pointing me at the Timberland site, some nice stuff there.

leedy Wed 05-Nov-14 16:35:22

Now craving these: www.timberlandonline.co.uk/en/womens-earthkeepers-stoddard-ankle-waterproof-boot-887974613968.html?catID=women_footwear_boots#start=24&cgid=women_footwear_boots

leedy Wed 05-Nov-14 16:40:42

Though am reluctant to order them online after the "weirdly ill-fitting Clarks boots" debacle (second pair of boots I've had to send back this Autumn for not fitting, both from brands and in styles that I've worn before)

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 05-Nov-14 18:19:40

I think you've been unlucky there. I'm now on my second pair of Clarks Orinoco ankle boots after the first pair were like slippers for three years, they were sooo comfortable.

Those Timberlands are lovely. I quite like the idea of a taller boot to keep my legs dry when walking the dog but when I don't want wellies on.

dottytablecloth Wed 05-Nov-14 18:27:39

Have you looked at Merrell boots?

dottytablecloth Wed 05-Nov-14 18:29:16

do you like these?

leedy Thu 06-Nov-14 13:04:05

Ooh, those are quite nice too, though I think I prefer the Timberlands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now