Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do I need a bronzer? Perking up pale winter skin.

(9 Posts)
ChoclolateOrange Wed 05-Nov-14 14:24:49

I've started to look properly pale (pastey actually) about the face even though the rest of me is still quite tanned from the summer. I have olive skin and tan easily so this isn't a usual look for me. I'm still wearing the same tinted moisturiser I was using August and bought at a beauty counter with help, so it can't be that. It's definitely the skin underneath that is pale.

What is the best way of addressing this? Should I use a darker tinted moisturiser or use a bronzer to give me more colour/make me look more healthy? I've never used a bronzer so help on brands and how and where to apply would be appreciated. I dont want to look like I've just come back from a holiday in the sun, just a bit more healthy/glowy! (I am quite healthy by the way!). Thanks.

TheCraicDealer Wed 05-Nov-14 16:45:25

My colleague has this problem and addresses it by buying darker foundation hmm Do not do this! Your foundation should match your neck.

Bronzer could work....do you use blusher? I've been dropping hints to said colleague that this is the solution, but she's not having any of it. Gives you a bit of a rosy glow, less corpse-like during the winter months.

ChoclolateOrange Wed 05-Nov-14 17:49:26

I do use a blusher but maybe I need to change the shade for winter. It is quite pale pink so perhaps it is better to use a different shade for winter?

As for your colleague, that is definitely the effect I am trying to avoid although my neck seems to be darker than my face at the moment. hmm I suppose this is the downside of using a a tinted moisturiser with sp30 on my face every day in the summer but not elsewhere.smile

twobambinos Wed 05-Nov-14 17:53:48

why dont you try a darker tinted moisturiser. get a sample off one of the counters that might last you until the rest of your body catches up.

otherwise a nice blusher.

ChoclolateOrange Wed 05-Nov-14 18:02:54

Hmm, this is looking like a beauty counter visit. Any suggestions on which brand?

Ujjayi Wed 05-Nov-14 18:24:31

Chanel Hydramax is lovely & long lasting tinted moisturiser. I use it through summer & also when skiing & it keeps my skin hydrated even with altitude & mountain weather.

Blusher wise: maybe try more of a darker plummy-pink shade? I use Max Factor Natural Glow. That said, I have recently started wearing Dior's Rosy Glow which is Barbie pink in the palette but gives me a healthy, "bracing walk" glow.

Goodwordguide Wed 05-Nov-14 18:34:16

Aerin's essential blusher (part if Estée Lauder) - use 1 for pale skin, 2 for darker. It's amazing for adding a healthy glow that is subtle and glory but not glittery or dirty-looking. Sali hughes always raves about it and she's right!

Goodwordguide Wed 05-Nov-14 18:35:57

Sorry, it's actually called Pretty Bronze Illuminating Powder.

ChoclolateOrange Fri 07-Nov-14 18:02:31

Well, I went to the Chanel counter looking for the recommended Hydromax but ended up with this.

www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Healthy-glow-makeup-LES-BEIGES-182527?sku=182528

It's lovely and certainly fits the brief! Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now