Talk

Advanced search

Bravissimo recommendations?

(14 Posts)
SublimeCorpse Wed 05-Nov-14 13:24:02

I'm off to bravissimo shortly - can anyone suggest a style or bra for a 38h/hh?

I want some uplift and some cleveage!

Ta

LackingCommonSense Wed 05-Nov-14 15:43:33

The Freya styles are amazing. I'm a 32E though..best thing is to go in and ask! The staff are really helpful smile

SorrelForbes Wed 05-Nov-14 16:09:16

It'll totally depend on your breast shape and your fitter will help you find something that is perfect for you.

Usually the best uplift comes from balconette styles and the best cleavage from plunges.

Many people find that they fall into either the Freya/Fantasie/Curvy Kate or the Panache/Cleo camp. Bravissimo own brand has a wide range of styles/fits too.

Enjoy!

Lottapianos Wed 05-Nov-14 16:14:10

Alana is excellent, I wear nothing else. Its one of their own styles. But it's true - the fitters there are excellent and will be able to advise you

Dowahdiddydiddydumdiddydo Wed 05-Nov-14 17:15:42

Echoing Sorrel - I am a Freya/Fantasie/Curvy Kate person, and hate that I can't wear Panache bras! The good thing is that when you know what shape your breasts are, and which of the two main groups you fall into, then choosing bras is much easier.
Also, this might be cheeky, but when you know which group you fall into, use figleaves, as they have a much wider range of stock than bravissimo. And they have sales too.

Fairylea Wed 05-Nov-14 17:17:55

Hmm I'm very naughty. .. I go and try on loads and when I find ones I like I come home and buy them new from eBay for half the price.... (panache and freya new ones usually to be found on ebay for about £15).

I love the alana bra by bravissimo. It's absolutely amazing and my favourite.

FavadiCacao Wed 05-Nov-14 19:40:30

Dowahdiddy, could you talk me through the Fantasie/Freya/CurvyKate options (here or on my thread )? It has been suggested I fit in the FFC camp but the only Fantasie I found and tried was not right for me. I'm not where near a Bravissimo, there is a John Lewis a few miles away but, as per usual, the chances of a range to try in a small band and large cup are next to nothing.

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 05-Nov-14 21:29:58

I used to swear by Freya, but last time I went shopping I ended up with a bravissimo own-brand satin smooth moulded cup, plunge style. It's so nice I bought two! I'm either 36h or 38gg (depending on the make/style).

Get a member of staff to bring you different styles to try smile

SorrelForbes Wed 05-Nov-14 21:32:39

Itscurtainsforyou That'll be the Satine. I'm a recent convert to it too! A new colourway has just come out (and a matching kimono!)

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 05-Nov-14 21:45:41

Ooh - thanks for the tip smile

PinkSparklyElephant Wed 05-Nov-14 22:18:23

I'm jealous of anyone who can wear the Satine. I've tried it but there's too much danger I'll fall out!

sleepdodger Wed 05-Nov-14 22:51:28

Freya deco

Dowahdiddydiddydumdiddydo Thu 06-Nov-14 09:56:07

FavadiCacao, I'm by no means an expert, so this may not help. I find Panache etc bras suit women who have more bottom heavy breasts, while F/F/CK suit women who have comparatively more flesh in the top of their breasts.
Even wearing the right size Panache, I will spill over the top, and a friend of mine wearing the right size Freya doesn't fill the top bit of the bra.

One suggestion, so you don't have to pay postage, is to order lots of different bras to be delivered to your nearest John Lewis, if you can afford the up front costs. Then take them home, and you'll have 90 days to try them on both on their own and with your clothes over them to see how they work.

With the measurements you've given on the other thread, you are either 30" or 32" around the back, and then depending on which one, either HH or GG (though brands vary).

Was the Fantasie bra you tried on a balcony bra? If yes, I would try more of a plunge bra, but not the Freya Deco bra because that is hugely cleavage enhancing.

From these:

Bras in your sizes in F/F/CK brands from John Lewis

I would definitely try the Freya Pansy plunge balcony bra, the Curvy Kate Dare plunge bra and the Fantasie Melissa full cup side support bra, as a first start. Buy them in 30 H-J and 32 G-H, and then try them all on and see what works best. At John Lewis, I think only Curvy Kate does over an H cup, so try some more bras in that brand. More choice on Figleaves, but then you start factoring in having to organise posting the ones you don't want back, rather than just dropping them off in John Lewis.

Hope some of this helps!

SorrelForbes Thu 06-Nov-14 10:26:54

I have breast which are firm and fairly full on top (they are wide and deep too whcih is an unusual combination). I don't get on with Freya/Fantasie at all as they give me an East/West type look! Curvy Kate are too shallow in the cup. Cleo win every time for me but it's such an individual thing.

Bra shopping is worse than jean shopping IMHO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now