Talk

Advanced search

nursing dress for wedding - help please!

(4 Posts)
dynevoran Wed 05-Nov-14 13:22:42

So have a wedding on the Nigerian side of my family in a few weeks. I should have got mil to get me something sewn but I didn't and now it's too late! So I need to find something to wear! I need help please.

I'm 5'2" and 4 months postpartum I've managed to get down to about a 12 but with a disproportionate amount of weight on my tummy. I'm still 20lb from my best. I need something that I can feed in and generally not look like a sack of spuds. Am quite fair skinned and so generally suit jewel type colours. It needs to not be too low cut. I recently bought a nice shirt dress but until I shift a bit more weight from pregnancy it doesn't look good as just gives me a massive waist.

Please help!

dinodiva Wed 05-Nov-14 13:53:35

My sister was a breast feeding bridesmaid at my wedding in the summer and I bought her a dress from a website called Milk and Mummy - it was really lovely (royal purple colour) and not expensive either.

MrsLettuce Wed 05-Nov-14 14:01:58

What sort of budget? This isn't jewel coloured at all but linking anyway 'cause it's lovely. They'd probably have a 12 in store.

Peppasavedmylife Thu 06-Nov-14 13:03:59

I wore this to a wedding when I was at a similar stage. www.krisp.co.uk/clothing-c1/dresses-c7/evening-dresses-c9/krisp-diamante-gathered-summer-red-maxi-dress-p9014
Loads of people complimented me on it, and it was really easy to feed in (I used a small cover). It was surprisingly flattering, and pretty good value. It also comes in several jewel colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now