Talk

Advanced search

Best mineral foundation for 40's and over......

(4 Posts)
whitebits Wed 05-Nov-14 11:08:44

I'm fed up with liquid foundation, looking to try something different. I'm 40, have some lines, pretty oily tzone so a lot of foundation either slip off or end up looking cakey. I'm also prone to the odd zit so need something that will cover decently. I've tried Bare Minerals in the past and wasn't impressed though so what are the best alternatives ?

meltedmonterayjack Wed 05-Nov-14 13:05:23

I used to love Lily Lolo (online company) and used theirs for years. I'm 54 now and for last 5 years or so theirs has stopped looking good on me so have reluctantly gone back to liquid foundation. But I'd definitely recommend giving it a go. They do little samples so you can get colour right before ordering full size, Its also about half the price of Bare Minerals. There delivery speed is amazingly fast too.

NanTheWiser Wed 05-Nov-14 18:09:12

I second Lily Lolo - I'm 67, and prefer not to wear a cream foundation, liking a more natural look. I'm also fortunate that I have a stockist nearby, so don't need to order online. The samples are a really good idea, you can order a few you think might suit you before making a final purchase, and it is half the price of Bare Minerals, which I've also tried.

SofaCanary Wed 05-Nov-14 18:11:40

I liked Jane Iredale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now