Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper alternative to clinique clarifying lotion no. 2

(10 Posts)
alabasterangel Wed 05-Nov-14 11:02:06

Hi
Just that really. I don't stick to the whole 3-step thing but I do find that a quick swish of no.2 clarifying lotion especially on my chin keeps my occasional spots at bay and leaves my skin clearer.

I'm just getting to the bottom of a huge bottle, but I really can't justify buying another right now for financial reasons. Is there a similar type toner or lotion which would do a similar job for less pennies? Preferably a high street or supermarket option too for ease of purchase! I have tried a 'toner' (can't remember which brand) but it wasn't quite astringent enough?

Melodygrace Wed 05-Nov-14 11:06:48

It isn't toner. It's an exfoliater using salicylic acid. Well it was when I worked there a long time ago now. Maybe look for a product with that in? I agree about the price it is expensive. Good luck

alabasterangel Wed 05-Nov-14 13:17:52

Thanks - that makes sense.

This has salicylic acid, but it doesn't state at what %.

Is it going to be way too harsh I wonder?

www.superdrug.com/Clearasil/Clearasil-Ultra-Deep-Pore-Treatment-Toner-200ml/p/188522?gclid=CJaA1ozG48ECFarKtAodmjAAHw&gclsrc=aw.ds#.VFojEycgGSM

alabasterangel Wed 05-Nov-14 13:22:10

Or this - even cheaper at 2 for £5?

avonshop.co.uk/product/skincare/clearskin/clearskin-blemish-clearing-daily-astringent.html

MooMinCow Wed 05-Nov-14 15:00:30

These Clearasil pads are good. Recommended by Caroline Hirons (skincare blogger). They have salicylic acid in them. I have normal/dry skin so only use them if I have a breakout as they're a bit drying, but great for dealing with spots!

Fubsy Wed 05-Nov-14 18:34:57

Clinique has salicylic acid but also a lot of alcohol apparently, which is probably why you find it astringent.

Its worth reading Caroline Hirons blog as she has written quite a lot about acid toning for all skin types.

Stevie77 Wed 05-Nov-14 20:23:33

Watching with interest as I was about to post that exact same question!

Levantine Wed 05-Nov-14 20:26:35

Google dissolving aspirin in witch hazel. I did this recently and it really reminded me of clarifying lotion. Worth a go, it will cost you pennies

alabasterangel Wed 05-Nov-14 23:01:18

Thanks. I can't see salicyclic acid on the list of clinique ingredients. Is witch hazel the same thing or does it do the same job?

Why add aspirin levantine?

CeeceeBloomingdale Thu 06-Nov-14 07:36:00

Paint stripper?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now