Talk

Advanced search

K-Middy's had her colours done...

(18 Posts)
frozenglitteryshit Tue 04-Nov-14 20:14:27

Apols for DM link, but looks like Kate Middleton has had her colours done!

Maybe she's a MN S&B lurker? She's a Summer, btw grin. What next, eschewing the royal hairdresser in favour of a BBH? And sporting Primark Polka for special engagements?

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 04-Nov-14 20:23:02

I was thinking about colour analysis today as I stood behind a very blonde olderlady who was all in black. But very expensive black, cashmere coat, chanel bag etc.

She looked amazing and I doubt back was in her palette but goodness she looked chic.

And I realised that chic is what I aim to look. I do think texture plays a major part in colours though - dull black cotton looks horrid on me but black fur/velvet/silk looks good.

I imagine Kate is going for stuff that doesn't make her look green.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 04-Nov-14 20:37:35

Ha ha ha MrsCB - I look best in expensive stuff, too! grin

I do take your point re texture being v important ie the sheen of silk is more flattering than the matte of cotton, so the texture is poss more determinative of how you look than the colour.

Mintyy Tue 04-Nov-14 20:40:44

K-Middy? you cannot be serious.

frozenglitteryshit Tue 04-Nov-14 20:40:59

grin With Kate's budget, I'd look bloody brilliant!

frozenglitteryshit Tue 04-Nov-14 20:41:30

I was being silly, innit. Thought all the cool cats called her that.

lurkingaround Tue 04-Nov-14 20:45:06

Totally agree re texture. Black velvet is so black yet wearable and easier on me (am v fair) than a black matte cotton shirt. It's the soft sheen or something <vague>

MarshaBrady Tue 04-Nov-14 20:46:50

She looks great in those light colours. The lilac dress and the light blue.

OttiliaVonBCup Tue 04-Nov-14 20:49:32

How hard is it to try something on and then look in a mirror and think 'Nice'
or "Bloody hell, this will scare the dog away'.

Why do people pay money for it?

frozenglitteryshit Tue 04-Nov-14 20:55:36

Oh, there are a zillion threads debating that vair important question, ottolia

frozenglitteryshit Tue 04-Nov-14 20:56:00

ottilia, even. Soz.

OttiliaVonBCup Tue 04-Nov-14 21:00:09

And yet some deluded people still pay someone to state the bleeding obvious "Yes darling, blue is so your colour'.

But I suppose she has to do something with her time.

raydown Tue 04-Nov-14 21:04:01

She looks good in everything though, doesn't she? What makes her a summer rather than a winter then?

mowglik Tue 04-Nov-14 21:15:57

i can def see what they mean by when a colour suits her you notice her first and then the clothes..ive noticed that on me a few times when i must have got my colours right by accident..shame i love minty green and pale turquoise which are not my colours!

TheGirlWhoPlayedWithFire Tue 04-Nov-14 21:18:23

I'd love to have my colours done. I know a couple of people who have and they wear styles and colours that they may not have done before and they look amazing.

GeorginaWorsley Tue 04-Nov-14 21:30:25

I agree Mrs C B
I can only do black if it's fur or leather.
flat black washes me out completely.

ClareBaldingsHair Tue 04-Nov-14 22:00:45

Is it just me or can you see her nipples through that black dress?

ThisBitchIsResting Tue 04-Nov-14 22:33:50

I agree with Marsha that the lightest colours work best. She looks young and fresh when she wears the palest colours, it's really noticeable from those pics - the colour woman seems to want her in the jewel tones, which I suppose do go with her hair but her eyes and skin just sparkle when she wears ivory, pale pink and lilac.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now