Talk

Advanced search

Bright red coat?

(6 Posts)
Jefferson Tue 04-Nov-14 17:54:34

I have bought this coat:

www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/outerwear/coats/double-breasted-coat-c499001p2172545.html

I am Asian and so have darker skin. Is it bonkers? Will I look like a post box? The fit is great but am really unsure if I can pull off this colour. I'm 5'3 and a size 10-12.

OneLittleLady Tue 04-Nov-14 18:06:19

I'm shorter and fatter than you and I wear a bright red coat! I think the coat looks fab but if you aren't comfortable being so noticeable then I would take it back. It's very bright and people will comment, certainly at first, so it depends on how comfortable you'd feel with that. For what it's worth, I reckon it'd look fab on you smile

noddyholder Tue 04-Nov-14 18:22:19

I love it esp on your skin tone Go for it! My sister's bf is asian and he looks great in red I am v jealious!

MrsLettuce Tue 04-Nov-14 18:29:12

Keep it! Well, unless it makes you feel uncomfortable. Bet it looks fab.

Greengardenpixie Tue 04-Nov-14 18:29:36

it looks orange? If you like it..wear it. If you feel even slightly uncomfortable in the colour..send it back. You wont wear it ever again. What is your gut reaction? thats what to go on.
I say this because i bought a gorgeous lightweight coat. It was a bright pink. I couldnt ever wear it because i knew i would feel it was very bright...so i sold it on ebay.

Jefferson Tue 04-Nov-14 18:41:46

Yes it's more of an orangey-red.
I wear bright colours normally and hate black/grey but something about a coat is different.
It does look good on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now