Talk

Advanced search

Jeans for size 18/20 on the high street. Help please!

(9 Posts)
spaghettiarms1 Tue 04-Nov-14 17:09:32

Hi, I usually end up with Next or DP jeans, size 18 long, getting a bit bored and wanting to try something new.
I always have trouble finding a size 18 - 20 in shops and being 5'9 can have issues with length too.
I was looking online at H&M plus and although they have the right size the length is not indicated.
I don't suppose anybody has bought jeans from H&M and knows this?

Also what styles do you buy?
Has anybody cracked the perfect jeans for no more than £30 ish at a size 18 long?
Or is it the impossible quest?!

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 04-Nov-14 17:12:03

Next jeans come in long and xl and I've always got on ok with them

FelixFelix Tue 04-Nov-14 17:14:17

I'm an 18 and have been on the quest for the perfect jeans for ages. I'm currently trying to lose weight so didn't want to spend much, and on a whim I had a browse of the jeans in Primark. I ended up trying on some called 'push up pull in' which are high waisted skinnies, but not too skinny and really hold my stomach in. They are thick and slightly stretchy but don't cling or go baggy. I can wear them for days without having to wash due to baggy-ness. They haven't faded at all either and are still dark. Anyway, they were the grand total of £7 and are AMAZING. I am 5ft 5 and had to take them up quite a few inches too so should be fine for the length you need.

Definitely worth a look.

SeptemberBabies Tue 04-Nov-14 17:15:01

New Look

spaghettiarms1 Tue 04-Nov-14 17:20:46

Thank you I never even thought of Primark, I always assume they won't have larger sizes. I will definitely have a look felix yy to jeans going annoyingly baggy!

Thanks wishful I have a couple of pairs from Next, they are ok but for me don't seem to hold their shape. What style do you get?

spaghettiarms1 Tue 04-Nov-14 17:22:22

Thanks for the link September I will check it out

Justwhateverreally Tue 04-Nov-14 17:41:13

I found the perfect pair in Gap. And unlike a lot of their stuff it's fairly decent quality durable material too (have previously found they wore through v quickly).
That reminds me, I must get another pair.

spaghettiarms1 Wed 05-Nov-14 09:32:05

Well done on the perfect pair justwhateversmile
Gap is fab for tops and vests but jeans in there never fit me.

Itscurtainsforyou Wed 05-Nov-14 21:39:45

I second new look smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now