Talk

Advanced search

Style for early 40s

(10 Posts)
soundevenfruity Tue 04-Nov-14 14:04:54

Can you share with me your favourite links to blogs or photos of women in their early 40s, stylish and happy in their own skin? I am a bit confused and need to get to grips with my age. I am not sure how useful celebrities can be as examples given the level of pressure on them to look young. May be some continental bloggers?

123rd Tue 04-Nov-14 14:09:55

Watching with interest.... I'm a bit lost ATM too. I increasingly find myself looking at "older" styles but I don't want to dress like a dowdy middle aged mum

soundevenfruity Tue 04-Nov-14 15:01:09

Yes, my wardrobe is full of nondescript clothes, something that a 3 and 63 year old can wear grin, jeans, cords, tshirts, collarless shirts, flats.

soundevenfruity Tue 04-Nov-14 19:26:00

Anybody?

frankietwospots Tue 04-Nov-14 19:36:11

Personally, I like Susie So So. I like the way she writes and her sense of humour:

susiesoso.blogspot.co.uk/

I also like Erica Davies for a more fashionista take on things:

www.modernmummusthave.com/

Valsoldknickers Tue 04-Nov-14 19:53:10

www.mymidlifefashion.com/?m=1

I really like this woman's style (from what I have seen of her outfits).

Thestandingjokeoftheyear Tue 04-Nov-14 20:21:16

DoesMyBumLook40, newly addicted to this blog!

soundevenfruity Tue 04-Nov-14 20:39:04

Thank you and big thank you for blogs with high street fashion. I thought there is nothing there for 40 year olds.

CambridgeBlue Tue 04-Nov-14 21:23:28

Another vote for Susie SoSo, really like her style and the way she writes. She is on trend without following the crowd and knows what suits her.

I quite like DMBL40 but she's too fashiony, a totally different shape to me and has a considerably larger budget.

GeorginaWorsley Tue 04-Nov-14 21:36:25

I love
Does My Bum look 40
Mid life Chic
Online Stylist
My midlife fashion
fashion mum of 40
Style guile
what Lizzy loves

Just off the top of my headsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now