Talk

Advanced search

How should boots fit?

(10 Posts)
UML Tue 04-Nov-14 13:26:44

Hi!

I finally found a pair of boots I am mostly happy with - the only thing I am unsure about is the fit!

They are well fitted around the front of the foot but my heel comes up slightly when I walk - I am usually size 6.5 (which I tried and they were too big) and they are a size 6....

Do leather boots also expand like other leather shoes? Should the fit initially be tighter rather than looser? I can't see myself being a size 5!

These are my first pair of boots ... So unsure... I have had to get rid of a few pairs of shoes in the past as they became so loose!

These are the boots for references sake:

www.hushpuppies.com/UK/en-GB/Mobile/Product.mvc.aspx/36429W/90702

Thanks - would appreciate any advice!!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Nov-14 13:46:06

As long as your foot isn't slipping in the boot they should be ok. I'm wearing a new pair of sketchers pull on, so similar in style and my foot is firm in the foot bed but my heel moves slightly when I walk but doesn't feel loose.

Nice boots btw! smile I often have to go down a size in boots especially in leather or suede as they usually give once you start wearing them in.

MrsPeacockDidIt Tue 04-Nov-14 16:43:41

I have loads of short boots that do this. Ones without fastening on the side are supposed to have the heel slip to help with getting the boot on and off. I hate it but I have a few pair that I put up with it in because I like the style of the boot. Sometimes the heel slip reduces once the sole is broken in a little, apparently.

UML Tue 04-Nov-14 17:32:47

Thank you for replying smile

My foot isn't slipping so that's good I guess... It's just that's a lot of money for me and I wanted things to be perfect ... And I can only try them via ordering online and I already have my size 6.5 waiting to be returned...

Will walk around in them a bit more...

UML Tue 04-Nov-14 17:33:44

They do actually have a side zip... Should they be snug then?

Greengardenpixie Tue 04-Nov-14 17:56:36

If you think they feel slightly large...buy some insoles. It always helps me! It makes the boot feel snugger.

UML Tue 04-Nov-14 20:11:16

I did think about insoles... I suppose I just wanted a perfect fit after paying so much...

Oh, and how much 'sag' around the ankle is normal?

UML Tue 04-Nov-14 20:14:14

And should they be fitted on the calf? Are they supposed to be a bit loose to tuck in jeans etc?

Thanks!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 05-Nov-14 12:14:24

It sounds like you could do with a smaller size tbh OP. I wouldn't say there should be too much sag in that style a it's not rouched or slouch style.

UML Thu 06-Nov-14 14:57:00

Oh I see... What a headache sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now