Talk

Advanced search

If you have some very rare high-quality EDT to sell.....

(17 Posts)
Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 12:34:45

....is Ebay the only option? I have some (few bottles in sealed packaging) I'd rather sell it privately than put it on Ebay but am a bit clueless. What would you do to ensure getting a decent price?

I originally typed the name of the fragrance plus links to sites reviewing/describing it, but that made the post look too much like an advert rather than a request for advice, and that is not my intention.

If you (and MNHQ) think it would be acceptable to give those details, I'm happy to do so, bearing in mind that would be only to give pertinent info.

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 12:37:42

Btw, when I say "a decent price" I'm not talking about an extortionate amount, it's just that I feel it's too good to practically, or literally, give it away.

DoughnutSelfie Tue 04-Nov-14 12:40:28

Tell us the name

we can Google reviews and whatnot

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 12:44:05

I would say that it is a unisex fragrance, although it's possible that when it was first made (1905) it was for men, but I'm female and I love it, so that should make it more saleable.

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 12:59:04

Crown Perfumery is the brand in question, it's probably OK to say that.

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 12:59:42

Sorry, Doughnut, it's Crown Imperial.

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 13:02:45

If you look at it on the Parfums Raffy site I linked to above, you will see that it's a very deep amber colour. I would always point that out to a potential buyer as otherwise they might think it's deteriorated to be that colour.

DoughnutSelfie Tue 04-Nov-14 13:26:58

Ooh reviews are fabby

Hopefully someone will be able to take it off your hands

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 19:55:41

Ideally, I'd like to sell it on a perfume/beauty related messageboard, but the only ones I know about are US based and I'm in the UK. I assume MN doesn't allow it, but could be wrong. Does anyone know? I haven't found any info about that, but as I said, I posted here for ideas or links to sites that I could use, not to do a sneaky ad here. blush Honest.

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 20:00:51

I said 'it' but I meant them as I have a few.

canny1234 Tue 04-Nov-14 20:02:08

Try Fragantica!
You do need to join first though otherwise you won't see the swop/exchange section.The other thing is that without any previous posts potential buyers might be a bit wary.

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 20:07:25

I am registered with Fragrantica, but isn't that US based? Sorry, I should have a proper look first shouldn't I/ I'm about to get dinner so can't look right now, but can you tell me if the section you mentioned is restricted to swop/exchange i.e. doesn't allow sales?

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 20:09:08

I'll look later. Sorry for stupid questions.

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 20:56:55

I'm logged in on Fragrantica, but get this message on the swap/exchange forum "Sorry! no permission to post new topics"

canny1234 Tue 04-Nov-14 21:40:39

I have just checked and I can post new topics.Yes bottles can be sold ( because I have bought some in the past).Are your details fully updated?Profile completed?

Gruntfuttock Tue 04-Nov-14 22:23:04

Yes, profile completed and it seems I can reply to topics but not post a new one. Never mind, thanks very much canny1234 for your help.

Sparkky Wed 05-Nov-14 10:52:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now