Talk

Advanced search

Which of these would you wear to a very posh wedding?

(96 Posts)
HahaHarrie Tue 04-Nov-14 12:25:56

I have a very formal, traditional wedding this weekend and I still haven't found a dress! I'd prefer something with sleeves given it is November, but I haven't liked any of the lacey sleeved options on offer. Everything seems so fitted and I'm carrying a bit of baby weight around the middle. I'm size 12, 5' 6".

Dress A

Dress B

Dress C

Dress D Something else again!

Once I have the dress then I need to sort out hats, wraps, shoes, bags, etc.!

HappyGirlNow Tue 04-Nov-14 12:28:56

I prefer A and C... Particularly A, very classy. A lot of people think you shouldn't wear black to a wedding though...

DahliaBloom Tue 04-Nov-14 12:30:41

B, definitely! Lovely.

irregularegular Tue 04-Nov-14 12:30:53

They are all nice. But C feels a bit summery and I probably wouldn't wear black for a traditional wedding. So B.

buttercrumble Tue 04-Nov-14 12:31:58

I love the first and last one too smile

bluecoconut Tue 04-Nov-14 12:42:29

I love A and C, but personally wouldn't wear black for a wedding.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Tue 04-Nov-14 12:46:53

Absolutely love A and C but wouldn't wear either for a wedding (not pure black, the other out of season). I like Coast and am betting the dress from there actually looks better on than off, so maybe that, but not black accessories.

KoalaDownUnder Tue 04-Nov-14 12:54:34

I'm a bit torn. I agree with previous posters that black for a formal wedding might not be a good choice, and C is a bit summery. Which makes me lean towards B.

BUT...C is pure silk, whereas B is a polyester blend.

(Sorry, not v helpful.)

Sparkky Tue 04-Nov-14 12:56:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RoganJosh Tue 04-Nov-14 12:59:14

C with a blue cardigan.

scratchandsniff Tue 04-Nov-14 13:01:43

I think it would have to be A. A in a different colour would be OK, but too funeralish in the black and C a bit too summery for this time of year.

Have you looked at Jigsaw?

This is nice but maybe too fitted -http://mobile.jigsaw-online.com/products/lace-panel-dress--9546

scratchandsniff Tue 04-Nov-14 13:02:03

I meant B not A

NotActuallyAMum Tue 04-Nov-14 13:09:15

How much????? shock <faints>

<unhelpful, sorry>

I wouldn't wear black to a wedding either

sansucre Tue 04-Nov-14 13:09:37

Absolutely nothing wrong with black for a wedding, cream or white are far more frowned on!

I'm not keen on any of the dresses tbh although the black is easily the nicest of the bunch. The patterns on the other dresses look cheap, particularly on the LK Bennett dress.

Sorry, I'm not helpful! (I've worn black or very dark navy to every single wedding I've ever attended. My mum only ever wore black!)

Just go for the dress you love most and feel comfortable in smile

member Tue 04-Nov-14 13:10:05

I like the plain black A the best but I'm generally not a floral pattern person.
Have you had a look at the Chloe dress in the Amy Child's collection? It comes in navy, nude and deep pink & I would say is simillar in shape

amychildsofficial.co.uk/index.php/dresses/chloe-pink.html

Also a lot less expensive...

Sparkky Tue 04-Nov-14 13:12:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Twinklestein Tue 04-Nov-14 13:14:32

I like the LK Bennett one best, but I agree I wouldn't wear black to a wedding, I think the others are a bit summery. What about this? Also comes in blue

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Tue 04-Nov-14 13:14:48

I had my bridesmaids (grown ups) in black at my wedding! Very formal (black tie) evening thingy. My mum wore floor length black too! Mind you this was in the colonies (Canada) and we don't necessarily have such strict rules....

I love that first dress. For some reason I can't open the link to Dress C.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 04-Nov-14 13:15:32

I love A.
You can't have C anyway as they only have size 10 left.
You can accessorise with colour. Nothing wrong with a black dress at a wedding.

grassroots Tue 04-Nov-14 13:16:49

This one any good?
www.johnlewis.com/fenn-wright-manson-etienne-dress-multi/p1739398

Hoppinggreen Tue 04-Nov-14 13:19:51

I like B best

Butterpuff Tue 04-Nov-14 13:20:03

B.

Like others have said all are great but for traditional I wouldn't go black, C is out of season. B is a good balance. Though C with a navy three quarter sleeve jacket would be nice I think.

Northumberlandlass Tue 04-Nov-14 13:20:37

RED dress

I love this style..not sure on red for a wedding though

slithytove Tue 04-Nov-14 13:21:21

B

Allalonenow Tue 04-Nov-14 13:27:03

B or C are my favourites, but as a pp mentions C is only available in a size 10, I'd say B.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now