Talk

Advanced search

Clothing manufacturers (cheap/far east)

(3 Posts)
mummybear701 Tue 04-Nov-14 00:26:39

I had an idea to start a small online business mostly for childrens clothes, schoolwear, toys etc. (before the age when they only want big labels) Both dh and myself are quite knowledgeble with websites and thats no problem. Trouble is without even basic sewing skills I need a good dressmaker on board, and the only ones locally are expensive, mostly bridal/wedding. Does anyone know a way to find relatively cheap ones (without using unethical practices), in the uk or abroad? I've heard of people using far east seamstresses for their wedding gear and it works ok.

butterfliesinmytummy Tue 04-Nov-14 00:28:48

Can you recruit locally, thinking about mums who will work from home, retirees etc? Not necessarily professional seamstresses but keen and experienced amateurs. Contact local sewing groups, school PTAs, wrvs etc....

mummybear701 Tue 04-Nov-14 00:33:08

Thats a good way of supporting local people butter. Trouble is finding them. Certainly the mums I do know at school probably haven't the expertise far less time. I'm still listening out though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now