Talk

Advanced search

Calf length welly boots

(13 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Mon 03-Nov-14 19:09:42

I have fallen in love with some purple hunter short welly boots shock but cannot justify the cost!

Can you suggest some alternatives please?!?

Ahardyfool Mon 03-Nov-14 19:11:05

Is it just me that finds short boots a bit silly?

This could be your justification for not buying them.

Bunbaker Mon 03-Nov-14 19:14:24

They sound pretty pointless to me.

IMO wellies aren't a fashion item and short ones just look silly.

MizLizLemon Mon 03-Nov-14 19:17:23

If you've got chunky calves shorter ones can be the only ones that fit properly. I got some Dunlop calf length ones from Amazon pretty cheaply but if you want Hunter purple ones I doubt practice grey or green Dunlops are going to cut it.

Swex Mon 03-Nov-14 19:17:58

Peppa. I understand conpletely - I have strangely large out of proportion calves and CANNOT wear full length wellie boots (millions of makes and styles tried). So I wear short wellies and they have revolutionised my damp feet. Hunter short wellies are particularly good. I bought mine in the sale though....

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 03-Nov-14 20:09:24

There are lots of short Hunters on the Outnet.

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 03-Nov-14 20:10:42

link

PeppaPigStinks Tue 04-Nov-14 11:42:30

I am not fashionable so that's ok! In fact I am far from it.
I hate welly boots, so think it would be nice to have some colourful ones - the shorter ones appeal to me as I thought they might be easier to take on and off.
thanks

Oldraver Tue 04-Nov-14 11:47:05

I have the Hunter short ones as I have fat calves, I like them so not bothered that others fools think they're silly

rikeralvin Tue 04-Nov-14 12:26:34

I never like short Hunters..

Milmingebag Tue 04-Nov-14 12:53:59

How about Joules ones if you like colour? I spotted these Wellibob ones that seem to have a fleeced inner but they are more like a higher ankle boot than mid calf job. Cotswolds had some cheerful mid ones on Amazon.

Personally I hate long boots and how they feel on the leg.

Milmingebag Tue 04-Nov-14 12:57:49

these are cheerful!

DavenotChas Tue 04-Nov-14 17:53:29

These Mountain Warehouse ones look good. They also sell wellies called Splash that are wide in the calf if you fancy a longer pair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now