Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When did Warehouse become so shit??

(25 Posts)
BiancaDelRio Mon 03-Nov-14 17:17:28

Bought and returned a coat that cost £95. When it arrived it had flimsy plastic poppers instead of buttons hmm
Returned via Royal Mail and I can see from that it arrived 8 days ago. I haven't had so much as as acknowledgement let alone my refund. To top it off they don't have a phone service, just email. I've emailed twice and received nothing back. Their FB page is full of people complaining.

What the hell? I'm sure they used to be a good store. Are they about to go bust?

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 03-Nov-14 22:12:16

I reckon. Loved them in the last 90s, they were my favourite. Haven't purchased for years now... overpriced, doesn't look good quality. No phone service?! I reckon they'll go bust. They are just a concession now in so many department stores. I think the stand alone store in Watford went years ago

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 03-Nov-14 22:16:43

I used to love Warehouse, all sophisticated colours and lovely knits and coats. The one near me closed down a couple of years ago though, I guess they're not doing well.

CointreauVersial Mon 03-Nov-14 22:27:37

On the contrary, I think Warehouse are on a roll at the moment! I've had some great stuff from there in the last year or so, and have just ordered a lovely dark grey furry coat. I have high hopes....

ChrissieLatham Mon 03-Nov-14 22:47:38

I was surprised when the one in my city closed and there's no replacement, not even a concession in house of Fraser. Have to go to Outfit in next city if I want anything. Used to love them in the early noughties.

BiancaDelRio Mon 03-Nov-14 22:49:01

Yikes.

Here's hoping they don't go bust in the next few days before I get my refund shock .

Cointreau I agree that there's some nice stuff on their site but I'm not using them again after this debacle. Not being able to speak to an actual person in the case of a problem is a deal breaker.

If your coat is the grey tweedy one with the fur collar, it's probably going to have the same crap buttons mine did (the red version).

CointreauVersial Mon 03-Nov-14 23:48:46

No, it's this one. I'm hoping it will be toasty warm, and if there are any plastic poppers at least I won't be able to see them through the fluff. grin

BiancaDelRio Mon 03-Nov-14 23:56:43

That's gorgeous!

Love the colour smile.

I've had my eye on that coat too CV - will you report back on its loveliness or otherwise?

AmberNectarine Tue 04-Nov-14 06:56:28

cointreau I took delivery of that coat yesterday. It is very nice - good strong hook and eye closures and not a plastic popper in sight!

Ohmygrood Tue 04-Nov-14 06:59:58

God I haven't shopped in warehouse for years. They were so trendy in the 80's.

LoadsaBlusher Tue 04-Nov-14 07:20:33

Used to shop in Warehouse late 90's for tops to go clubbing and shimmery pencil skirts with matching one button suit jackets. Would wear these with one of their boob tube tops a la Posh Spice !
Not shopped there for years, I found it started to get a bit officey / workwear type rather than pick up lines

BiancaDelRio Tue 04-Nov-14 07:25:37

They've finally emailed me and said they haven't received my return hmm .

When I have proof from Royal Mail Tracking that it was delivered on 27th October hmm .

Really really pissed off that I can't resolve this by speaking to someone.
Off to bombard their FB page and twitter. Twats.

LoadsaBlusher Tue 04-Nov-14 07:27:30

Hope u get a result with that - so frustrating for you bianca

aftereight Tue 04-Nov-14 10:48:29

I agree. I love some of their tops, but I just know that after a couple of washes jersey will bobble and overpriced, poor quality silk will fade. I just ordered a dress which looked amazing online, but manages to be both over sized and restrictive at the same tome, and a pleather cross body bag which looks like sub-Primark quality in real life.

alltoomuchrightnow Tue 04-Nov-14 14:15:58

i meant late 90s, they were fab then for going out in stuff

GotToBeInItToWinIt Tue 04-Nov-14 14:31:21

I love warehouse, sorry to hear their customer service is rubbish. Twitter is definitely the way to go. Hopefully someone will give you a call.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 04-Nov-14 15:07:25

I have that coat, too. It's gorgeous.

How annoying re the return debacle. I hate having to chase things like that.

I used to really like Warehouse and buy lots of things there. I still have silk dresses and camisoles from about ten years ago, which I wear regularly. In the past three or four years though, I probably only buy one or two things a year from them and you have to search much, much harder to find anything nice.

This is my only buy in the last nine months or so. It's 97% cotton and I really love it.

plentyofshoes Tue 04-Nov-14 19:44:06

I was just about to order a parker from Warehouse. The quality has been rather hit and miss.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 04-Nov-14 20:34:59

Beautiful dress, Remus. Really stunning, detailed print. I love dark floral print like that.

lurkingaround Tue 04-Nov-14 20:38:15

I love that dress Remus. I have stopped looking at Warehouse but I must start again, liking the links.

Thanks, both. It's really versatile too - have worn sleeveless and bare legged in the summer and with a biker jacket, opaques and ankle boots in cooler weather. I wish they'd do other prints in the same shape, but everything is polyester now. Grrrr.

Gorgeous but polyester

Cute and almost what I'm looking for on other thread

Ooh this one is cotton!!!

lurkingaround Tue 04-Nov-14 21:20:19

Oh I love the last one in particular. Thank goodness it's sold out!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now