Talk

Advanced search

Jeans advice

(5 Posts)
CheetahStripes Mon 03-Nov-14 15:28:02

Hello all, I'm hoping someone will have the answer. I've never been able to find the perfect jeans and I really just want a decent pair. I don't really have the time to go looking around every shop so would like some ideas if brands/shops to try.

Right, I'm 5'4 with short legs and usually a size 6-8. Although my thighs are quite big and I look ridiculous in skinny jeans. Ideally I'd like some jeans that are a slim fit, straight, dark denim, not low rise that won't go baggy. With my jeans now they fit fine for the first hour and then go too baggy and I'm forever pulling them up. If I wear a belt it makes all my tops look funny.

I'd happily spend up to £100ish if they were perfect or a bit more as hopefully they'll last longer.

I hope someone has the answer smile.

munchkinmaster Mon 03-Nov-14 15:34:47

I have no advice except that at a size 6-8 you don't have big thighs. Where do you live in? Kensington there is a schmancy jeans shop where the owner helps you get your perfect pair.

victoryinthekitchen Mon 03-Nov-14 17:49:27

I'm quite short and look like a parsnip in skinny jeans, boyfriend are nice with heels but would like some other ideas too .... bump smile

CheetahStripes Mon 03-Nov-14 18:10:57

I think it's because I'm so out of proportion so it's more noticeable. My body is so long that even tops from the tall section barely fit lengthwise so it accentuates just how short my legs are. My thighs have always been quite muscley/big so it's a nightmare trying to go over them but have a smaller waist. I genuinely look bad in skinny jeans and when shopping with my size 16 friend she looked a million times better than I did.

I'm in Birmingham, but only ever really can grab a couple of hours for shopping and I hate the walking around aimlessly.

itsnothingoriginal Mon 03-Nov-14 18:19:37

I'm small, petite size 10 and have the same issue with skinny jeans as they make my thighs look big. I've started wearing relaxed skinny jeans rolled up as is more flattering than when they taper down to the ankle - try GAP or Next. Can't wait for skinny jeans to be 'over' personally!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now