Talk

Advanced search

Gradual face tanner

(8 Posts)
Fullsteamahead Mon 03-Nov-14 13:18:29

Do any of use one and if so which brand? Fed up looking washed out. I'm very picky though. It needs to be something that's moisturising, non greasy and doesn't cause breakouts ;)

tess73 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:19:17

clarins one is good

Petal02 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:23:18

I'm currently the using the (now discontinued) Clarins Golden Glow Cream, but when that runs out, I'll be trying the new Clarins version, it gets great write ups.

I've just tried the Simple Sun Kissed moisturiser, which feels lovely on your skin, but is more like a primer than a gradual tanner, because it hardly tans you at all. I used it for 3 consecutive days and the colour was so subtle that it was almost invisible.

So I'm watching this thread with interest. If I use a gradual tanner overnight, I don't need foundation the following day.

Fullsteamahead Mon 03-Nov-14 13:31:17

Petal02, I never thought of using the gradual tanner at night. Might be a good idea. Do you still use your normal night moisturiser over it?

maybemyrtle Mon 03-Nov-14 13:35:19

broken record

This stuff. Mix a few drops with your usual night cream over a few nights. Subtle and realistic. It's not moisturising but it's def not greasy and doesn't irritate my fairly reactive/sensitive skin.

Petal02 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:40:39

Fullsteam I use the gradual tanner over my moisturiser, before I go to bed. I've got oily skin, so I'm not keen on adding any extra 'layers' of cream in the morning, but obviously it's not such an issue at night.

Fullsteamahead Mon 03-Nov-14 13:42:18

Excellent, thank you so much. I think it's exactly what I need. Very clever idea from Clarins since you don't have to change your normal moisturiser. Definitely going to try this one.

Petal02 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:47:22

I've never been a huge fan of foundation, it just seems to make my face look even more shiny. But then I realised it was colour/warmth that I needed, not coverage, so a gradual tanner seemed to be the answer.

Looking forward to trying the new Clarins product.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now