Talk

Advanced search

PLease recommend a new perfume

(8 Posts)
MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:01:44

i have been using Stella McCartneys Summer, which i bought a huge bottle of in 2013. I love it and get loads of compliments when i wear it (even hubby loves it). They no longer make it and i can only find it online for stupid prices.

So now it is running low and i need a replacement. I love that it has a delicate, fresh floral smell without being overpowering or too 'old lady' smelling. I am 36 and would like a similar type of scent for similar price which i can use for everyday eg work, going out with dh/ friends during day, family events etc.

I have had a couple of Armani fragrances in the past which i liked but can't remember which ones. Would be grateful if anyone could give me a shortlist to help narrow down my search

canny1234 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:15:03

Wish Pink Diamond by Chopard is meant to smell similar to Summer.Alternatively look for perfumes that have similar notes in on Fragantica ( listed on the sidebar when you type in Summer).

My favourite fresh floral which is really easy to wear is Eclat d'arpege ( lilac and wisteria with tea for freshness).Another really easy to wear one is Paul Smith Rose ( rose and tea).

BrokenCircleBreakdown Mon 03-Nov-14 15:07:57

Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie is lovely.

yazzy85 Mon 03-Nov-14 16:32:39

Armani Diamonds is lovely

MadameOvary Mon 03-Nov-14 16:43:57

Try Diptyque L'ombre Dans L'Eau - it's just beautiful.

CheersMedea Mon 03-Nov-14 17:15:13

Michael Edwards Fragrance Finder at:

www.fragrance-editions.com/FATest/ff_jump.asp

suggests:

SNOWING ROSE
Masakï Paris (Masakï Matsushïma)

PARISIENNE L'ÉDITION SINGULIÈRE 2013
Yves Saint Laurent

DOLCE & GABBANA : VELVET TENDER OUD
Dolce & Gabbana : D&G

CheersMedea Mon 03-Nov-14 17:17:58

PS: If you are interested in perfume, that website should have a health warning. Stay away! Don't say I didn't warn you.

MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 03-Nov-14 17:49:47

Thank you for the suggestions, and Media, that website is amazing! Never knew such a thing existed - thank you! (Though i don't think my DH will be as grateful haha)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now