Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a wedding dress please

(13 Posts)
fuzzywuzzy Mon 03-Nov-14 09:50:35

I need help finding a wedding dress please, ideally in ivory, I love
this style, but having read the reviews on the Phase eight website it sounds like it will be way too long and low cut for me.

I need something that will fit 5'3" height wise, with a very small train. The whole thing is being done on the cheap as possible, but I really really want a lovely wedding dress.

I'd like something that I can accessorise to cover my arms (if it isn't full sleeved) and floor length, covered back and a neck line that isn't plunging. Is there such a thing I can buy off the rack?

I had a look thro the archives and there have been some great suggestions previously made but unfortunately a lot of the links don't work as the threads are old.

Please help, you're all so fashion savvy, I'm a little lost amongst all the wedding dresses.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 03-Nov-14 09:55:12

What's your maximum budget? And do you want lace, no lace, or not bothered?

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 03-Nov-14 09:58:06

I love the simplicity of this J Crew dress, though back not fully covered

izzybizzybuzzybees Mon 03-Nov-14 09:58:34

Have you looked at monsoon bridal?
uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_4.1/3531574608

Or
uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_4.1/5530664612

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 03-Nov-14 10:00:17

Pretty Monsoon dress?

izzybizzybuzzybees Mon 03-Nov-14 10:01:20

Bhs? m.bhs.co.uk/mt/www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/product/wedding-1020484/the-bride-1020511/alicia-bridal-dress-2535853?bi=1&ps=24

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 03-Nov-14 10:04:05

Lacy bargain? (Though might be tricky to get shortened - I think you'll need to assume that any off the peg dress will need to be shortened by a professional)

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 03-Nov-14 10:09:23

Damsel in a Dress?

hellsbellsmelons Mon 03-Nov-14 10:39:46

COAST always have nice dresses too.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 03-Nov-14 10:51:32

Thank you all so much.

Haven't checked all the links yet.

I love that TK Maxx one.

I love lace and beading and all that, just don't want a big meringue because on me it would look daft, also want to wear the dress again.

Budget wise I want to keep it below £1,000.00. Just because I don't feel I can justify that big an expenditure on a dress. Wedding's going to be tiny, but I want a dress.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 03-Nov-14 11:02:40

Think I'm going to have to spend a day trying on wedding dresses, will drag a friend out with me.

Thank you all so much, I wouldn't have thought of J Crew, or BHS and I completely missed that monsoon one as well when I was looking!

doughnut15 Mon 03-Nov-14 11:10:15

£1,000 is a good budget. I got a Maggie Sottero one for £700 from a wedding shop. They included the alterations needed in this price. Lots of wedding shops supply them and they seem to a quite a reasonable price (for a wedding dress!).

Here is the website, they have a lot of designs that are similar to the type of dress you like:
www.maggiesottero.com/collection.aspx

Lj8893 Mon 03-Nov-14 11:26:25

Try sample sale dresses. Most bridal stores will have a sale rack and you can get some amazing bargains, does help if your between a 10 and a 14 though, although some sample dresses are smaller and larger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now