Talk

Advanced search

Jersey tunics

(10 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Sun 02-Nov-14 22:24:29

Hi there - after seeing a stylish friend wearing a jersey dress/tunic, I've now decided I want one in four different colours

I would ask her where she got hers from, but she's a size 10 and I'm a size 18-20.

Does anyone have a clue where I can get one/some?

I'm looking for something loose fitting (but not like a tent like the Tu swing dress I tried last week), preferably in maroon, brown, teal (autumn colours) etc. I'd prefer sleeves but as I'd wear cardigans it doesn't matter too much.

Thanks!

Jellypudmum Sun 02-Nov-14 22:55:27

Bump

Greengardenpixie Sun 02-Nov-14 23:13:29

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/joe-browns-flattering-jersey-tunic/hx463/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1347#colour:Grey,size:

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/stripe-pack-of-2-panelled-tunics/cl221/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1402#colour:Teal,size:

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/animal-print-pack-of-2-panelled-tunics/cl390/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1402#colour:Black,size:

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/jersey-swing-tunic-dress/cl508/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1457#colour:Red,size:

Think this is the nicest...but not plain.

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/anna-scholz-ombre-print-tunic-top/ch444/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1457#colour:Floral Print,size:

Haggisfish Sun 02-Nov-14 23:15:42

Amari uk-you'll have to google sorry.

ladybird69 Sun 02-Nov-14 23:20:06

Try Asos I get mine from there. Swing style and skater style hundreds to choose from.

ladybird69 Sun 02-Nov-14 23:28:07

Also Dawn Frenchs company sells lovely tunics but bit more expensive.

polyhymnia Sun 02-Nov-14 23:49:43

Sorry to be negative, but IMO the clothes from Dawn French's company (something 47?) are all incredibly tent-like - really unflattering.

I'm also not personally a fan of Simple Be, having had a look at one of their shops in RL - very polyester-ish and garish colours.

In general, I'd try to avoid 'special' plus size retailers and go for 'normal' labels that go up to 20. Most do. Have a look at Boden, for example. And M and S - specially the 'better' lines, such as Autograph and Indigo.
Asos look good too.

Nice tunics, etc from White Company but not sure how generous their XL is?

LightastheBreeze Mon 03-Nov-14 04:34:26

Marks and Spencers have some which look suitable for over leggings, jeans, trousers etc or did you mean a dress.

deXavia Mon 03-Nov-14 04:45:08

The only caution I'd flag is Jersey can be pretty unforgiving on lumps and bumps. So you need to try and look from all angles eg back of arms, back as well as belly and hips. Anything too clingy there can negate the skimming effect elsewhere! I've stopped wearing as much jersey after a few 'catching my reflection from the side' moments wink

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 03-Nov-14 12:28:18

I think I'm thinking of fairly thick jersey and not too clingy smile

Thanks for the ideas so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now