Talk

Advanced search

Longer length skirts

(9 Posts)
Thosescalesarewrong Sun 02-Nov-14 19:34:24

I always wear longer length skirts as my legs are horrible. Struggling to find many this season as its not the height of fashion to wear your hem around your ankles. I like the white stuff, jersey type ones that sit nicely on the waist. Have seen a few but they seem to be quite gathered at the waist and when you have a fat belly to add to your woes its not a good look. Can anyone help me please?

DaffodilField Sun 02-Nov-14 19:37:54

Watching

Ujjayi Sun 02-Nov-14 19:51:15

Hush have jersey maxi skirts & I would think H&M too. Try Toast too - I have one from last winter which is lovely quality & not too gathered.

Greengardenpixie Sun 02-Nov-14 19:56:35

I got this one from monsoon today. its beautiful and not full. A bit like the white stuff ones. I love the ethnic print. Gorgeous with a black top. Its much much nicer in reality. It looks brighter in the picture. Its gorgoeus.

uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.38/6410447951

Thosescalesarewrong Sun 02-Nov-14 20:04:26

Thank you Ujjayi, I will look at those.

Greengardenpixie, that skirt is beautiful, just what I like. Going to order it now. Are Monsoon generous in their sizes as White Stuff are?

HeffalumpsnWoozles Sun 02-Nov-14 20:08:37

Try Boohoo.com huge variety of colours, dirt cheap but hold there shape after a wash.

Tanaqui Sun 02-Nov-14 20:10:31

I think I tried that monsoon cut in another colour and it was a bit too full- almost like a couple of big pleats at the front? It didn't hang flat (on me anyway!)

Greengardenpixie Sun 02-Nov-14 22:44:49

The monsoon one defintely has no pleats and isnt gathered. If you know the white stuff skirts, its like that. Im not into having a full skirt at all.
Thosescalesarewrong..i am a 12 and got the medium but i did fit into the small but i preferred a bit more give and thought it made me look.. ahem...slimmer!!!

Greengardenpixie Sun 02-Nov-14 22:48:16

I mean what can i say..my ds [who is 6 inccidently] was in with me and he said i looked beautiful in it and wanted me to keep it on!!!!!! I got the seal of approval ha ha...How could i resist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now