Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rain coats, seasalt and rains of Denmark

(11 Posts)
WhereIsMyHat Sun 02-Nov-14 16:23:48

Hello S&B

I'm looking for a raincoat, mainly for boring day to day life which consists of school runs and parks so something waterproof but also a bit stylish- I'm trying to hang onto the last few ounces of style I used to have.

I quite like the seasalt seafolly jacket in yellow or navy but I'm worried about where it stops at the hips- my widest point.
www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/waterproof-outdoor-technical-jackets/rain_coats/traditional-fishermans-mac_mustard.htm

I also like rain of Denmark coats but not sure if they're a bit too simple looking
www.urbanoutfitters.com/uk/m/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=5139446290046&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

Does anyone have either or sow thing similar. I also love the petit bateau yellow raincoat but not sure it's worth the large price tag?

NamasteGirl Sun 02-Nov-14 16:30:04

I have the Seafolly in navy and I adore it! So well made and keeps the rain off a treat. It does stop at the hips, but while I am slim I am also hippy myself and it's extremely flattering.

WhereIsMyHat Sun 02-Nov-14 16:51:48

That is a good answer, I quite like the duffle fastenings and the stripey hood lining. Is it warm?

NamasteGirl Sun 02-Nov-14 21:34:09

Its not particularly thick, it wouldnt be enough for a winter coat. But I am wearing mine with just a long sleeve tee or cotton jumper and havent felt cold yet. Probably best as a spring/ mild weather winter jacket.

Flingingmelon Sun 02-Nov-14 21:45:53

Not a Rains but a Stutterheim thing here - I've seen the UO one and they're very similar.

They are really good but quite Normcore looking. I got a men's medium (I'm a size 10/12) and it was good for putting knitwear under. Love it.

WhereIsMyHat Sun 02-Nov-14 23:09:33

Oh I love the Stutterheim jackets but they're a bit over my budget I think. Very nice though, they have a nicer finish than the rains IMO.

luckygirl322 Mon 03-Nov-14 07:09:36

I have the seafolly in yellow, and I love it. The color really cheers me up on rainy grey days. I'm a size 18 and I find it comfortable and flattering.

Floellabenjamin Mon 03-Nov-14 14:32:03

What does norm core mean? I'm a bit slow sorry

WhereIsMyHat Mon 03-Nov-14 18:05:16

www.vogue.co.uk/news/2014/03/21/normcore-fashion-vogue---definition

WhereIsMyHat Mon 03-Nov-14 18:11:10

I googled it, didn't know either!wink

happyis Mon 03-Nov-14 18:35:25

I have the seafolly in red, I'm a size 14, and around 5'8,
It fits nicely but I could do with either a bit more length in the arms or a ribbed cuff. The sleeves don't look to short but whenever I bend my arms they dissapear half way up my arm, its seems to be a common moan on the website reviews. Although I'm fairly tall I don't usually have problems with sleeve lengths.

It is not a winter coat, but is great for Spring/autumn and dare I say it Summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now