Talk

Advanced search

How do you tie the laces of brogues? I look like a nursery school child has done it for me.

(12 Posts)
PrivateBenjamin Sun 02-Nov-14 14:12:56

So, basically the title. I bought some brogues to wear for work but I don't know how to tie them without a massive bow in a double knot. I'm pretty sure they should be like this picture, but how does it work? Do they not slip off if they're just tucked in and not tied? I feel like I'm missing something important regarding lacing shoes.

Any help very appreciated!

burnishedsilver Sun 02-Nov-14 15:41:28

Are the laves too stiff? Perhaps if you replace them with a softer lace the bow won't be as pronounced.

PrivateBenjamin Sun 02-Nov-14 19:09:45

So am I supposed to tie the laces in a bow? I thought they should be like the picture when you're wearing them, maybe not though. The laces are a little bit stiff I will find some new ones. Thank you!

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 19:13:04

Elasticated laces so you can knot them underneath and slip them on and off?

PrivateBenjamin Sun 02-Nov-14 19:34:35

I looked at the elasticated laces but they seem to be more for sporty shoes, then I found this website with a diagram of how to tie hidden knot laces . I practiced at home and it works! I can now go to work looking smart and not like Noddy. Thanks guys grin

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 19:45:30

"Ian's shoelace site".
Do we think he's single? grin

saintsandpoets Sun 02-Nov-14 19:47:56

Poor Ian

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 19:49:11

He'll always have his laces smile

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 19:53:04

He has an Ian Knot, The World's Fastest Knot.

I take it all back.

PrivateBenjamin Sun 02-Nov-14 19:54:43

He even has a section on how to tie your laces with CIA style covert signalling . What a hero.

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 19:55:48

What a man!

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 20:10:20

His fb page is very neglected sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now