Talk

Advanced search

Eyelash curlers. Just watched lisa Eldridge makeup tutorial and need some

(6 Posts)
flux500 Sun 02-Nov-14 13:16:39

Do the ones from the supermarket do the same job as the fancy ones?

Is there a right way and wrong way?

I remember experimenting with some when I was a teenager and remember it hurting a bit. confused

Any help appreciated smile

Whitershadeofpale Sun 02-Nov-14 13:19:43

To be honest the more expensive ones are best. Shu Umera are the best and less likely to hurt. The best way is to hold them close to the roots and then sort of pump them up to the ends.

HeyMacWey Sun 02-Nov-14 13:36:40

Shu umera are the best imo.
I have poker straight eyelashes and they give me a good curl.
Cheap ones won't do the job.

SinglePringle Sun 02-Nov-14 13:42:29

I've got ones from Boots and they curl my eyelashes very well.

Carpaccio Sun 02-Nov-14 14:09:09

I've found that it's all about getting one that fits the shape of the eye - I've had some that were too round or small for my eyes so they pinched me.

I start by curling as close to the roots as possible, then curl 3-4 places along the lashes so they get a good curl.

Curl before mascara to avoid that the lashes get pulled out or break off.

flux500 Sun 02-Nov-14 17:20:22

Thanks everyone. Have pretty curly lashes anyway so thought no need to go for Super expensive though I'm sure it's the eyelash curling best. Got one from the tesco range uma and it's really good. Just tried it and no pinching at all and carpaccio I looked for one that was the same shape as my eyes and also used it how you directed - thank you smile

Can't wait to use it tomorrow! I think I'm getting addicted to the lisa Eldridge you tube Chanel lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now