Talk

Advanced search

Help me build a work wardrobe based on navy and grey?

(8 Posts)
Ruralninja Sun 02-Nov-14 12:59:58

I'm returning to work after maternity leave and my pre-baby wardrobe doesn't really work with my new dimensions. I would love to build a super smart work wardrobe of trousers, dress and jacket with a few blouses and some really comfortable (will be on my feet a lot) mid-heeled shoes.

I am size 10ish on the bottom and currently sporting an enormous rack of 34F, although that might go down a bit when I finish breastfeeding in a couple of weeks.

I have one pair of straight-leg navy wool suit trousers and one navy pussy bow blouse, but the rest has to be bought. I would love a waistcoat but not sure the nork situation would allow.

Would love any suggestions and tips too on work dressing. I need to look credible and smart and like mixing masculine and feminine tailoring.

suenanlostamboresdelarebelion Sun 02-Nov-14 13:17:24

The Vivienne files has quite a few ideas on building a wadrobe from navy and grey.

www.theviviennefiles.com/p/four-by-four-wardrobes.html

I am finding it useful as a guide, from which I can get ideas and adapt to my own taste.

Ruralninja Sun 02-Nov-14 13:37:40

ooh thank you, will look at that!

Truckingalong Sun 02-Nov-14 13:41:09

Gorgeous pussy bow blouse in primark today in lots of colours.

Captainweasel Sun 02-Nov-14 13:41:42

Pinterest.

I'm a similar size to you though smaller boobs. (Lucky you!!) I'm a fan on pencil skirts with a nice blouse or shirt tucked in.

If I wear trousers I always tuck in my top and always wear a belt.

Warehouse have some great floaty tops at present. Oasis are also good.

Check out eBay too I've just spent £7 on a grey smart shift dress from
Monsoon. If I only wear a couple of times then get bored of if I can resell.

Ruralninja Sun 02-Nov-14 17:18:20

Thank you for these tips - will check out

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 02-Nov-14 18:56:42

I've written some posts on a capsule workwear wardrobe, blue based outfits and the best grey workwear on the high street, so you might find some ideas on my blog: www.theworkwearedit.com

It's a really great palette, so good luck!

Ruralninja Mon 03-Nov-14 16:37:49

thank you Belinda

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now