Talk

Advanced search

I need eye shadow palette recommendations please

(14 Posts)
CoconutAmericano Sun 02-Nov-14 12:05:31

Hi i am looking for a decent quality eyeshadow palette. I like muted browns greys and greens. Some dark mid and highlighter shades. My budget is about €30 so £25 ish.

Can anyone recommend me one so I don't have to go round every counter in my local dept store?!

pinkfrocks Sun 02-Nov-14 14:27:06

Have just bought Urban Decay Nakeds2.
Mostly taupe shades- nothing green. All matte though they do seem quite silky and not quite a sheen but not chalky either.

It was £22.

They do have other colour ranges.

DarkBlueEyes Sun 02-Nov-14 15:01:23

The naked palette is gorgeous. The other option is to go to Bobbi Brown and get a customised one. You can get three or four colour palettes, possibly more!

CoconutAmericano Sun 02-Nov-14 15:03:49

Thank you ladies. Going to check out that Naked palette now.

Carpaccio Sun 02-Nov-14 15:15:08

Inglot is good - you can make your own palette with 4 colours for around £25.

Sleek is also pretty good - they're cheap (£7.99 or so for a 12 shadow palette) and currently there's a 3 for 2 offer at Superdrug.
Some of the shadows are very shimmery/glittery so it's worth having a look before buying.
The Au Naturel palette is nice and it has a lot of matte colours in (3 glittery shades and one that's more shimmery, the rest are mattes) - I use it quite a lot.

CoconutAmericano Sun 02-Nov-14 15:38:24

Thank you carpaccio i was very impressed with those sleek palettes! They get great reviews too so i went ahead and ordered the au naturel one (feeling impulsive). If it's nice I'm going to get a couple more.

Milmingebag Sun 02-Nov-14 16:25:52

Mua at Superdrug has a matte palette in greys/taupes which is good. Also Wilkinson has brought out a make-up range and they have matte single shadows that are excellent quality. Actually the bits I have from there have been really good and I am a make-up nut.

If none of those impress then Revlon makes great palettes.

NamasteGirl Sun 02-Nov-14 16:32:33

The Naked palettes are great. Also in MAC you can get either a 4-pan empty palette or a 15 pan one and fill it with refills of shades you like. Their Sumptuous Olive is a gorgeous smokey green, and their neutrals selection can't be beaten.

Lordofmyflies Sun 02-Nov-14 16:35:04

I've just bought the MAC pearluxe palette in green ( greeluxe). It's gorgeous and seem to be easy to do daytime or more dramatic night look.

Justwhateverreally Sun 02-Nov-14 16:40:56

I have the MAC customisable palette. It's great and the shadows last for aaaaages.

foxdongle Sun 02-Nov-14 17:09:42

I have the Mua one milmingebag it is really good and a bargain - especially for smoky eyes
Also have fcuk - greys, neutrals and a few colours inc a lovely green and No 7 - neutral browns, pinks, taupes mainly

flux500 Sun 02-Nov-14 17:15:27

A vote here for make up revolution palette number 2 which is a direct rip off of the urban decay one but is £4. Had mine a whole now and use it all the time. Is it better than urban decay? Don't know but it's good to start at £4 and if you're using it all the time then you know the expensive one is going to be well used. I have loads of unused Chanel and Lancôme palettes and they were £££ and the colours quickly went out of fashion.

NoelleHawthorne Sun 02-Nov-14 17:19:25

i only like Mac shale for my green eyes

HelloItsMeFell Sun 02-Nov-14 17:20:25

I second the Urban Decay Naked range, and also MAC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now